Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#121 simbz

simbz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

the pears were all picked up (it doesnt't say how far (after the wind blew) the person observed that there were no pears left on the ground!!
Cheeky ridle though :)

#122 GrumpyTat

GrumpyTat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

One tree knocked the other down since they were a pair the wind carried them away or possibly there were no trees because there is no ground for them to grow in .

#123 LemonLuv0630

LemonLuv0630

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

I believe the riddle says "There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?"

There were no "pairs" mentioned. My answer is...

Statement : There are few trees in the garden. One of them a pear tree ,there are pears (quite logical). - The statement "there are pears (quite logical)" ,means that there are more than 1 pear tree in the garden.

Statement: "But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground.". - the "pear" being referred in the statement now refers to the pear fruit that the pear trees bear. remember the statement says "neither pears ON THE TREE NOR ON THE GROUND".

Statement. How Come? I believe "Having fallen on the ground" , "being blown by the wind" are far too shallow answers to the riddle.

ANSWER: There were only trees but the trees do not have fruits that time. It may not be the season of pear thus, no PEAR FRUITS fell. There were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground because after all, the trees are not bearing fruit."

And that I believe is the trick to the question and the most probable answer :)

#124 Dej Mar

Dej Mar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:49 AM

Spoiler for an opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users