Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Apples

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#41 dscoducknc

dscoducknc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

How bout this bit of logic: Give 4 kids an apple and give the last kid the basket with the last apple in it.

#42 meimaggie

meimaggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

make apple sauce with four of the apples and leave the fifth one in the basket

#43 Zutara21

Zutara21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

Give each child an apple.

Cut the apples for each kid to eat in the basket and then keep one apple core in the basket. I don't believe it read that the apple that stays in the basket has to be whole. ^^

Edited by Zutara21, 15 April 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#44 Following_my_dream

Following_my_dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

okay.
I do believe that it said that there was 5 apples. not that there was ONLY 5 apples. and if I'm smart enough to bring apples to kids who love junk and fast food who don't like apples(and if the do, they must be weird) I'm not going to give him my basket, or put him in my basket. So if there were 5 apples and one had to stay in the basket I would just shoot the last kid and keep my apple. Bad luck for him I guess. He can have one of Jesus's apples. :)

#45 CaliGurl

CaliGurl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

You could always just go and get another apple, i guess... :unsure:

#46 Budouka

Budouka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:25 AM

I haven't read any of the posts or spoilers, but I'm pretty sure you put a kid in the basket. Might not be the intended answer, since it didn't take much thinking (just a little venn diagram in my head), but it satisfies the parameters of the OP: Each kid has an apple, and there is an apple in the basket. With a kid.

#47 Following_my_dream

Following_my_dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

I haven't read any of the posts or spoilers, but I'm pretty sure you put a kid in the basket. Might not be the intended answer, since it didn't take much thinking (just a little venn diagram in my head), but it satisfies the parameters of the OP: Each kid has an apple, and there is an apple in the basket. With a kid.

yes but would you really put a kid in a basket???

#48 Tayah

Tayah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

Stick a kid in the basket. :)

#49 Sam_8

Sam_8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

haha...that was retarded

#50 notmybabiesdad

notmybabiesdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Give four kids a apple and then put the fifth kid into the basket then give them the apple, thats the only way the kid can eat the apple and have it stay in the basket, I know the puzzle doesn't say anything about eating, but kids usual eat apples (or throw the red ones at chian link fences). The kid whose apple must stay in the basket will cry if the other kids eat theirs while his must stay in the basket. Most apple picking baskets are big enough for a kid to at least stand in. The next question is once he eats it does he then have to stay in the basket until he poops or is the change the apple goes through in being eaten enough to end the condition that it must stay in the basket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users