Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Double trouble

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 luckytj1969

luckytj1969

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:42 PM

#3 SPELT is a hardy variety of wheat of inferior quality, sometimes grown in mountainous regions. Latin name: Triticum spelta

I'm quite certain it should be "spelled" - maybe spellcheck or Webster's might have helped out there!! :rolleyes:

#32 AliceJH

AliceJH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

Quite often spelling miss takes occur because people plaice two much reliance on spell cheque soft wear. Spell cheque programs are grate but they do not spot all tipping errors.

#33 nitram

nitram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

I suppose your teacher had never heard Strauss's symphonies, or observed Moss's modeling career.

Did you know that the longest place name in the UK has 4 consecutive 'l's ... "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

#34 joekemon

joekemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

for the third one: "Antidisestablishmentarianism" is often spelled incorrectly. In fact I am not sure I spelled it right.

#35 Half Fast

Half Fast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

The only word most often spelled incorrectly = I-N-C-O-R=R=E-C-T-L-Y. Who could've guessed that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users