Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sale Now On!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 That one girl...

That one girl...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

an alternate solution:

does the shop allow refund? buy 100 for 3, refund 3 (one by one) and get another 100 for those 3 and so on.

note: 'refund' may mean selling this in some other market where there are no such offers.

Huh?

#12 LastDon

LastDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

an alternate solution:

does the shop allow refund? buy 100 for 3, refund 3 (one by one) and get another 100 for those 3 and so on.

note: 'refund' may mean selling this in some other market where there are no such offers.

I think you may have missed the point. There isn't 100 of anything. There are 3 items. a 1 and two 0's. 1-0-0 to be placed on your house or mailbox. Such as 100 Evergreen Terrace. The trick was that naturally you would assume that the value of '100' was intended, but it wasn't. It was '100' as a reference. Hope that helped! :D

#13 psychic_mind

psychic_mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:46 AM

No but sunrise's solution would still work I think. That is what I thought the answer might be. If someone else finds a completely different answer to a riddle that still works then you can’t really say its 'wrong'.

#14 LastDon

LastDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

No but sunrise's solution would still work I think. That is what I thought the answer might be. If someone else finds a completely different answer to a riddle that still works then you can’t really say its 'wrong'.

Then maybe it is me who doesn't understand. I didn't say that was incorrect, I said that wasn't the solution that was intended. I (possibly incorrectly) assumed that sunrise meant buying 100 numbers for $3, which I don't think was what the OP meant.
If you bought the 3 numbers (1-0-0) for $3 and then returned them, what use would that be? Please explain. :wacko: Haha

#15 psychic_mind

psychic_mind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

Well yes I understand how that wasn't the intended solution, I'm just saying that it could work in theory. I know that the in OP 10 and 100 are numbers but there is no reason why it cannot be interpreted as actual quantities of items... so you could by 100 objects for $3. Maybe the shop keeper has some weird sale on or something :D.

But in fairness I would agree that the proper solution makes more sense.

Edited by psychic_mind, 30 April 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#16 LastDon

LastDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Well yes I understand how that wasn't the intended solution, I'm just saying that it could work in theory. I know that the in OP 10 and 100 are numbers but there is no reason why it cannot be interpreted as actual quantities of items... so you could by 100 objects for $3. Maybe the shop keeper has some weird sale on or something :D.

But in fairness I would agree that the proper solution makes more sense.

Agreed. What I was getting at was that if you bought 100 items for $3, you couldn't sell back 3 items and get your money back. You would have to sell back all 100. Otherwise this would not be "financial viable" for the shop keeper as the OP stipulates.

#17 Taimur Ahmad

Taimur Ahmad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

He needed three digits 9,1 and 3. Since 1 digit was of $1,so he paid $3 for 3 digits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users