Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

#41 Tayah

Tayah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

I see- clever, like a bowl within a bowl.

I was thinking grab another trader and pour the lentils in their sack, pour the rich man his beans and then either swap sacks with him or pour back into the farmers.

See i was thinking along the lines of; sell your lentils first. But apparently the simplest answer isnt necaserilly the right one with this sort of thing!

#42 CRIMSONMINERVA

CRIMSONMINERVA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:11 AM

THOUGHT THIS WAS A CLEVER LITTLE BIT; I HAVE ACTUALLY USED THIS BEFORE AND IT DOES SUFFICE QUITE NICELY. GOOD ONE

#43 notmybabiesdad

notmybabiesdad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

You could have just filled your own sack according to the solution, in the first place.

#44 nair

nair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

One can have some variation to the answer but logic is the same.
Pour lentil into buyer sack. Turn the sellers sack inside out . pour lentil back to seller's sackand tie up the sellers sack . Now untie the peas and pour into the buyer's sack. Only difference is buyer's sack is not turned inside out but sellers sack is.

#45 mikedotcom

mikedotcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

Sack - Back to the Logic Puzzles
A poor farmer went to a market to sell some peas and lentils, however as he had only one sack and didn't want to mix peas and lentils, he poured in the peas at first, bound the sack up and than poured in the lentils. At the market a rich innkeeper wanted to buy the peas, but he did not want the lentils.
How would you solve this problem if you had only the sack of the innkeeper, which he wants to keep (without devaluing the goods).

Edit: Pouring the goods anywhere else than in sacks (eg. on the ground, table etc.) is considered as devaluing. Trading sacks is not allowed.

Spoiler for Solution

Spoiler for a polite way

#46 beckey

beckey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:54 PM

just cut a hole in the bottom of the sack and the bottom goods come out and the other remains in the sack

#47 Dumbb

Dumbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:48 AM

Or you could

Spoiler for .

Then you still have the top part of the bag for the lentils

#48 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

this is a good one :P where did you find this, rookie, or did you make it up? If so, then muchos kudos to you my friend :D

#49 EPISTAXIS

EPISTAXIS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

I WOULD DO IT THIS WAY...THE ONLY THING BEING DEVALUED IS THE SACK AND NOT THE GOODS WITHIN...

Attached Images

• sacks_peas_lentils_solution.JPG

#50 MarvUK

MarvUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

I think that my solution is way off topic. I thought that I would go and find someone to first buy the lentils, and then come back to the innkeeper and sell him the peas...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users