BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

16 answers to this question

If you can trust a thief but you can't trust a liar who holds the key to your house while your on vacation? why?

My best friend who would save my cat if he were to choke on a feather or something.

If you can trust a thief but you can't trust a liar **who holds the key** to your house while your on vacation? why?

***which one hlds the keys***would be a clearer statement.

...I go with what Brandon says. I'd keep my key because why does someone else need it?? HOWEVER, if I can trust a thief, then I'd ask ahead of time, "will you steal my stuff?" If he says "yes," then ask the liar, "will you steal my stuff?" Hopefully he will then say "yes," as that is a good lie. Other than that, I have no idea...

...I go with what Brandon says. I'd keep my key because why does someone else need it?? HOWEVER, if I can trust a thief, then I'd ask ahead of time, "will you steal my stuff?" If he says "yes," then ask the liar, "will you steal my stuff?" Hopefully he will then say "yes," as that is a good lie. Other than that, I have no idea...

Your answers show latteral thinking but not quite what I was looking for.....nice job though.

You can trust the thief... to steal.

So you give the keys to the liar, then if he lies about something important when you get home, break his knee-caps. :o

VERY GOOD! Although the latter part of you answer is just a tad harsh don't you think? :P

...I go with what Brandon says. I'd keep my key because why does someone else need it??

Is your dog with you on vacation? What if you wanted someone to go feed and walk him. Or what if you left the stove on and don't remember until you're on the plane? My friend Mike called me from New York to ask me if I'd go over to his house because he thought he might have locked the cat in the closet.

Someone should always have a spare key to your house. Thats true even if you're not on vacation.

Edited by KarenClark

Is your dog with you on vacation? What if you wanted someone to go feed and walk him. Or what if you left the stove on and don't remember until you're on the plane? My friend Mike called me from New York to ask me if I'd go over to his house because he thought he might have locked the cat in the closet.

Someone should always have a spare key to your house. Thats true even if you're not on vacation.

If someone wants to take my dog?! Then I offer the thief $100 to take the little stinkball of my hands! :)

If you can trust a thief but you can't trust a liar who holds the key to your house while your on vacation? why?

A = family, or no one

I trust a thief to thieve and I don't trust a liar

i would break the key in half and give one half to a liar and another half to the thief. They can't use the key, and when I get back I take it from them and gle it back together

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Find some new friends. In my experience, thieves are always liars, and liars don't mind being thieves. But if you let the the thief have a key, you can count on something going missing. If you give the liar the key and something goes missing, you can ask him if he stole it. You'll know by his answer whether or not he's telling the truth. If he says yes, then maybe he let the thief into the house. Seriously. Get new friends.

;)