Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What makes it a special Number

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 wbrode

wbrode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:24 AM

My first answer was: The only number that contains all the digits only once that is also divisible by 10. I have seen a lot of other puzzles that have to do with English representation of numbers but this puzzle is not written well to count out the possibility of other reasons for it being unique. I don't think there is any way of changing the wording without giving hints to the answer so I think we should just call it a nice try, but not a real puzzle.
-Will

#12 brhan

brhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

My first answer was: The only number that contains all the digits only once that is also divisible by 10. I have seen a lot of other puzzles that have to do with English representation of numbers but this puzzle is not written well to count out the possibility of other reasons for it being unique. I don't think there is any way of changing the wording without giving hints to the answer so I think we should just call it a nice try, but not a real puzzle.
-Will

I don't that is correct. 1,234,567,890 contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... actually the smallest number which fulfills the conditions.
9,876,543,210 is also another number that contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... the biggest number which fulfills the conditions.

There are a lot of numbers ...

#13 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:15 PM

I don't that is correct. 1,234,567,890 contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... actually the smallest number which fulfills the conditions.
9,876,543,210 is also another number that contains all digits only once and is also divisible by 10 ... the biggest number which fulfills the conditions.

But only 1 delectable number ?

#14 Misia

Misia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:02 AM

The first letter of its english names are in alphebetical order.
now solve this one:
this is a different language --which one?

I'd like to know the solution to this one. It's not French, German, Italian, English or any Slavic language, someone stated that it wasn't Greek or Dutch, I just checked, it's not Hungarian, so I guess it's not Finnish also.

I suppose it's not Indoeuropean at all

Well, it's a linguistic puzzle now, not a logic one, but I'd like to know the answer :)

#15 woon

woon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2443 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:27 AM

Spoiler for My Answer

#16 xstevex1

xstevex1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

What makes 8,549,176,320 ONLY one of its kind?

Hmmm. . .
It's the only 10-digit number that equals exactly 8,549,176,320? :lol:

#17 imtcb

imtcb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

The first letter of its english names are in alphebetical order.
now solve this one:
this is a different language --which one?

Wow, that is tough! I found this website with the 200 or so most popular languages and I couldn't find it. I most likely overlooked it though. I was excited when looking at Hungarian, but it fell through. Hawaiian also is kinda close, but didn't hold up either.

#18 wbrode

wbrode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

I feel dumb... lol. Thank you for the correction... now I'm going to try to solve the other language one.

#19 Dissident420

Dissident420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

There is no other 8,549,176,320, if I have a tattoo on my back there would be no other like it

Edited by Dissident420, 20 April 2008 - 07:32 AM.

#20 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

Spoiler for It has

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users