Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Think about these

• Please log in to reply
570 replies to this topic

#561 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1345 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

well, you could also just as easily prove that God exists by that logic.

let us assume that there are two Gods. one is hypothetical, the other is real. God is defined as the ultimate being, that which is the most powerful being in existence. the God who truly exists is more powerful than the one who is hypothetical. And since God is the most powerful being in existence, therefore God must exist.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#562 Tytan

Tytan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

[quote/] 1. Let's say (hypothetically) there is a bullet, which can shoot through any barrier. Let's say there is also an absolutely bullet-proof armour, and nothing gets through it. What will happen, if such bullet hits such armour?

2. Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?

3. Your mission is to not accept the mission. Do you accept?

4. This girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead the girl was never born, if she was never born she never killed her grandmother and she was born.

5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?

6. Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be no?

7. What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn your headlights on?

8. I conclude with this challenge:
Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up (is not capable of lifting)!
[/quote]

1. No clue

2. since it is the fountain of eternal life, you would have to quickly drink some of the water, then you would never die in any possible way, not even drowning, however, if you did not drink the water and instead breathed it in, then it would go into your lungs and stop the circulation of oxydised blood, thus drowning you.

3. Easy, no, since you do not accept the mission, you do not have to accept to not accepting the mission.

4. Many theories suggest that if you go into the past and change something, you do not change the future, you instead make a whole new universe were the action you made is in effect. So the girl's grandmother would still be very much alive when and if she came back to her time.

5. There is no scientific "twice as cold", it is just a saying that something is considerably colder.

6. Since I am typing and not talking, you would have to have a voice recording to prove that I said something. IE. Yes (while SAYING no)

7. To you, the light would be going at the speed of light because it is a constant.

8. God make a stone and promises to never pick it up.

#563 0_o

0_o

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

on number 7 the girl would be stuck in a infinite time loop for the rest of her life.and who would kill their grandparents before their parents are born?!?!

#564 joef1000

joef1000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

What about this:

I invent a time machine, and then I go back in time to before i invent it and give it to the past version of myself. Therefore, I already have a time machine so there is no need to invent one. How did I obtain the time machine then, if it was never invented?

#565 Hachouma

Hachouma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

1. that's impossible, because if the bullet penetrates everything, it will also penetrate the armor, and if the armor stops everything, it will also stop the bullet; so they can't exist at the same time, because one would cancel the other.
2. he must drink some of it before drowning.
3. No. Mission accomplished.
4. She would still be there, but at the wrong time, with no parents or identity. Pretty sad for her.
5. You can just convert to kelvin, calclulate and convert back, technically it will be twice colder, or rather half as hot.
6. Paradox
7. Light going in the same direction (that of the car) would be trapped at its source, light going in any other direction will be reflected until it is completely absorbed by the headlight's not-infinitely-reflective surface.
8. It's essentially the same as the perfect bullet/armor question, if he can't lift the stone, he is not almighty, and if he is almighty, he can lift the stone.

Edited by Hachouma, 11 October 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#566 BrainDrain

BrainDrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

"If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow", what will the temperature be?"

I know what you're thinking: The answer is 2 times 0 which is, of course, 0. And that would be a paradox. But the real answer lies in knowing what the temperature dropped to 0 from.

What was the temperature yesterday? If it was +20 degrees and went to 0 today, then the temperature dropped 20 degrees. Twice that is 40 degrees, meaning tomorrow's temperature will be -40 degrees.

Mathematically:

Let X represent yesterday's temperature. Let Y equal tomorrow's temperature.

X - X = 0
0 - 2X = Y

Nope, no paradox here. Just an incomplete formula. And it doesn't matter whether it's Celsius or Farenheit.

#567 Lilwisegirl

Lilwisegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

1. I don't know, but let's hope the arms war never gets to that point.

2. In the pictures, the fountain of youth always looks pretty shallow, and like it was said earlier on this page, you'd have to drink it, not breath it.

3. No. I have better things to do that stupid paradox missions. ^_^

4. A grandparent only accounts for 1/4 of someone's genes, or 'existence', so her appearance and organs would change, but she would still exist.

5. Anyone's guess. Weather men are almost always wrong.

6. Potato, Cats, random, enthusiastic. No. (Hey, you never gave me a time frame to answer the question!)

7.The other speed-of-light cars around you will be most grateful for the safety precaution and increased visibility.

8. I don't know how that would work, but if you keep going around like that, God will make a slightly lighter rock and drop it on your head. :P

#568 iSpelBadlie

iSpelBadlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

number five: convert to kelvin scale, where it is (probably) not absolute zero outside.

#569 iSpelBadlie

iSpelBadlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

number 3: why do i work for these guys???

#570 Utkrisht123

Utkrisht123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Think about these - Back to the Paradoxes

1. Let's say (hypothetically) there is a bullet, which can shoot through any barrier. Let's say there is also an absolutely bullet-proof armour, and nothing gets through it. What will happen, if such bullet hits such armour?

2. Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?

3. Your mission is to not accept the mission. Do you accept?

4. This girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead the girl was never born, if she was never born she never killed her grandmother and she was born.

5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?

6. Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be no?

7. What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn your headlights on?

8. I conclude with this challenge:
Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up (is not capable of lifting)!

1. The world will end as infinite amount of energy will release (Big bang). Or Infinte amount of heat or energy transfer will take place.

2.No.

3.Yes I accept the mission of never the accept the mission.

4.This explains why time travelling is not possible.

5.Less than 0°

In my opinion "twice as cold" doesn't mean "twice the temperature" as sometimes it will increase the temperature making it less colder. eg 32°F will give 64°F

6.This one is really confusing.

7. Headlight will break. or Headlight will glow but no one will able to see its light.

8. I have to think on this one.

Edited by Utkrisht123, 15 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users