Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum
|Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.
Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.
If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.
Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Think about these
Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:49 AM
Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:27 AM
3. Yes, but then I failed the mission.
4. When the girl killed her grandmother she created an offshoot reality where her grandmother dies and she isn't born, but the girl still comes from the reality where her grandmother wasn't killed and she was still alive.
5. Obviously someone at the weather network should be fired because that's a statement that gives no actual indication of coldness without a comparison.
6. I created a time machine, brought myself back to say at the same time yes and no.
7. Not possible, but probably you would explode.
8. Kinda hard for something that doesn't exist to lift anything.
Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:04 PM
2. If the fountain has already bestowed eternal and unextinguishable life upon him, then no. He can live underwater, just as he can live in outer space or on the surface of the sun. If drinking from the fountain is a prerequisite for being granted eternal life, then yes. He can drown by filling his lungs with the water and not swallowing any of the water.
3. I can accept and fail, or decline and succeed. Personally I choose the latter.
4. Let us assume that time travel is possible and that there is a single time line, for this paradox to make sense. Then there are two possibilities; either it is perfectly possible to be alive without ever having been born (the girl was never born but exists anyway, she was raised by a woman who is considered to be her mother and then she went back in time and killed her grandmother), or it is impossible for the girl to do said action (preventing her own birth). Some things just can not be done. If the girl's own existence is sufficient proof that her birth took place at some point in time, any attempt to change this fact would be futile. There are many conceivable ways for the girl to kill her grandmother, but none that would prevent herself from being born.
5. We would need an absolute scale of coldness to answer the question.
6. You say I must answer yes or no, hence you are limiting my set of possible answers. Both are false, so I can not answer truthfully. It is like saying "answer truthfully (5 or 6), what is 2+2?"
7. The laws of physics that we currently hold as true do not allow for a car to travel at the speed of light. Hence the question can not be answered using those same laws.
8. The laws of physics that we currently hold as true do not contain any being known as God Almighty. But let us accept the concept of being almighty as being able to do anything that can possibly be done, and let us also accept that there is a being called God who is almighty. Then either it is possible to make a stone that is not possible to lift, or it is not possible to make such a stone. So depending on which of these possibilities is true, God Almighty would either make the stone and be unable to lift it, or be unable to make the stone in the first place. No paradox here unless being almighty would involve being able to do what can not be done. Then we certainly have a whole lot of obvious paradoxes.
Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:59 AM
Its a bit hard to understand this, so lets not talk about the exact speed of light (we cant achieve it anyway, because we would need unlimited energy), just a near speed of light speed. If you travel with such speed time does not freeze, but it still passes very slow. Not for you, you don't notice anything, but a bystander will see you in slow motion. So if the time passes slower, a smaller speed for you will seem bigger, this is why the small difference between the speed of light and your speed will seem just as big as the speed of light, because you are observing it for a shorter time (time goes slower, fewer things happen to you as for a bystander).
This is the law of relativity. The time is not constant, it's relative to the speed. So this is not a paradox. It was one, before Einstein, it isn't now.
Edited by lil-Dexx, 27 August 2011 - 12:06 PM.
Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:50 AM
#4 She killed the wrong person, thinking it was her grandmother, or became her own grandmother.
#5 0* maybe
#6 I see what you did there.
#7 They'll either turn on eventually, but you'll not be able to see them.
#8 Challenge Declined! Due to atheism.
Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:55 PM
#2) No! Because it is not a Liquid!!
#3) Are you for Real? That is pretty obtuse..
#4) Why her Grandmother and not her Mother? Are you an idiot? If a person does not exist in this time frame how would they be able to give birth to another?
#5) Are you speaking of Centigrade or Farenhite. C° x 2 doubled less..
You are an Athieist a**..
Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:13 PM
2: No one said it was deep water. Yes, but due to the ETERNAL LIFE POWERS we would revive and pull our heads out of the water.
3: No. And since I did not accept, what does that mean? I CANNOT FAIL IT BECAUSE I DID NOT ACCEPT IT!
4: Was a mercy killing, so she didn't die of cancer, which the girl saw AS A KID. It does not say it was a child who went back, but a girl. It was moments before her grandma's death BEFORE. A crime boss was convicted. WIN
5: The weather channel is wrong. I mean, it happens all the time.
6: My answer is....NO! Well? The next word I said was "my", not "no". I WIN.
7: Nothing happens, BECAUSE...the headlights are BROKEN!
8: Someone named he finds the rock and cannot lift it. YEAAAAA
Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:11 PM
Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:54 PM
If time freezes when traveling at the speed of light, how does light travel? And how come there is such thing as a light year?
The answer is: the time. When you are going with the speed of light, the time freezes, it does not pass. So you need to travel an unlimited distance to notice a fraction of time. In an unlimited time, light going in same direction will be able to get away from you with the speed of light.
Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:03 PM
1. Let's say (hypothetically) there is a bullet, which can shoot through any barrier. Let's say there is also an absolutely bullet-proof armour, and nothing gets through it. What will happen, if such bullet hits such armour?
If the bullet hits the armor, the armor is then deflected out of the way. The bullet still went "through" the armor, as it passed through the space the armor occupied. The armor itself was not penetrated and is still claimed to be bullet-proof.
2. Can a man drown in the fountain of eternal life?
Two answers: A) No, eternal life means he must live so he cannot drown.
B) Yes, he will forever be known as the man that drowned in the fountain of eternal life and his reputation/feat will live on eternally.
3. Your mission is to not accept the mission. Do you accept?
Yes, I accept it. And I lost
4. This girl goes into the past and kills her Grandmother. Since her Grandmother is dead the girl was never born, if she was never born she never killed her grandmother and she was born.
She was adopted and never knew.
5. If the temperature this morning is 0 degrees and the Weather Channel says, "it will be twice as cold tomorrow,".... What will the temperature be?
It is twice the difference that it was from yesterday to today. Twice as cold is relative, and it is relative to the previous day.
6. Answer truthfully (yes or no) to the following question: Will the next word you say be no?
yes (I said it outloud)
7. What happens if you are in a car going the speed of light and you turn your headlights on?
Since initial speed is already the speed of light, the light would be emanating from a moving source, therefore the light particles/waves would be traveling at twice the speed of light, or due to your perspective from the moving vehicle, the speed of light.
8. I conclude with this challenge:
Let the God Almighty create a stone, which he can not pick up (is not capable of lifting)!
Since God is not a physical manifestation he cannot lift anything himself. He has the powers for everything to be lifted/moved.
So he can create a stone which he himself cannot pick up.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users