Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A few sentences from life

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 Linzd21

Linzd21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

1. Nobody goes to that restaurant, because it is too crowded.
if it is tourist season why can't we shoot the tourists....the ones that are crowding the restaurant so that nobody (from around here) can go to

2. Don't go near the water, till you have learned how to swim.
don't go near the freeway until you have learned to drive.....on the smaller roads (or bodies of water) because it is dangerous (deeper)

3. The man who wrote such a stupid sentence, can not write at all.
If you speak spanish press 3....since the ability to speak spanish (or write) is an all or nothing deal.

4. If you get this message, call me, and if you don't get it, don't call.
Do not put your blow dryer in the bathtub.....Face it you know someone had to clarify that one.

5. ADVERTISEMENT: Are you an analphabet? Write a letter and we will send you free of charge instructions how to undo it.
Tell me if you are choaking. some things just don't make sense

#12 urkspleen

urkspleen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:46 AM

First of all, crowded with what? If it is crowded with people, than that proves that people do in fact go there. If it is crowded with wild boars, than people might have a tendency not to go.

I love how people should die of dehydration because they can't swim at the age of 1 month. I mean come on, the human baby can't even burp by itself by then, let alone walk or swim.

O.K., your the stupid one if you catch yourself saying that. The fact that he wrote a sentence, not matter how stupid you believe it to be, shows that he has written something.

Say what?!? Oh hey, and if you happen to be alive then breathe. If you're not then you don't have to bother, I'll be glad to do it for you.

5. ADVERTISEMENT: Are you an analphabet? Write a letter and we will send you free of charge instructions how to undo it.
Yea, the letter I right to you guys won't cost a penny. You see, the postal service likes me, and they give me free stamps. NOT!

#13 nash

nash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:53 AM

I saw a sentence from a political speech, which -I think- is akin to the sentence 'If you get this message, call me, but, if you don;t get it, don;t call me'. The following sentence is -to me- very close, to the afore-mentioned one, if not of the same kind
'I hope this message i' m sending you now will reach to all of you, wherever you are or live in the earth'.
I think that the above-mentioned utterance is paradoxical. If it is true that this message will reach to all those people, the sentence at issue, which they will read or hear, lacks sense:it provides zero information, for they will just have received it.
On the other hand, if the same message won't reach to those people, then it is an in vacuo message:there are no recipients, so it is again without sense

#14 Nabtalkin

Nabtalkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:43 AM

English is filled with implications. No one that i have heard from about this restruant goes to it because it is too crouded. Kind of like It tastes like trash. The person probably has bnot tasted trash but what is implied is that it tastes how trash smells.

#15 Kaptyn

Kaptyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:58 AM

1. No one of importance to me ("me" being the speaker) goes to that restaurant.
2. Don't go near a PARTICULAR BODY OF WATER 'till you've learned to swim safely in it.
3. The man who wrote such a stupid sentence cannot write well at all.
4. If you get this message call me; if you don't call I will assume you did not get my message.
5. ADVERTISEMENT: "Wanted: Professional Psychics. You know where to apply." ;)

#16 mudkip201

mudkip201

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

Makes me think of the error-message that one may get at boot-time if no keyboard is present.

"Keyboard missing. Press F1 to continue"

Well that makes perfect sense: Press F1 on what? The missing keyboard?" :lol:

BoilingOil

wat?
i have never seen that message b4.

#17 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

A few sentences from life - Back to the Paradoxes

Too crowded for the observer, or is nobody somebody?

refers to a spefic body of water not all water.

This was written by the observer with no self esteem.

refers to joke.
If I get their first I'll write you a message, If you get there first rub it out!
or
Two plebs hire a boat and go fishing, they catch a lot of fish.
1st pleb puts a cross on the deck.
2ns pleb asks why?
1st pleb says to mark the spot.
2nd pleb says but what if we don't get the same boat?

Methinks you need two letters A and N
(tail sticker "If you can read this, I've lost my caravan")

#18 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

wat?
i have never seen that message b4.

Probably Homer (Simpson of course)
Spoiler for Press any key to continue<br />

#19 Chris_thinks....

Chris_thinks....

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:34 PM

To be honest I don't know what anyone really wants as answers or discussions from these however...

This line sounds like its been taken out of a conversation in which someone must be pointing out a specific restaurant so if thats so they must be able to see it if not then if people believe that nobody goes then how can it possibly be crowded if he contradicts themselves by saying nobody goes not making it possible to be crowded unless they speak about objects and staff which crowd it...

There is a specific way to swim, and the word 'the' is used to specify a specific water area. Like you say to a child when on the beach however again its contradicting with it making it nearly impossible to learn to swim without any water...

If the man wrote such a stupid sentence then he can write else he would have not wrote the stupid sentence in the first place however he may not be able to write well or thoughtfully. Not that he can not write at all...

Pointing out the obvious but may also be for clarification...

You can always write a letter to the people or group with your details in order to get the package depending on the rest of the advertisement if they where smart enough to put their details on, and when they say 'it' they don't actually seem to specify what that 'it' is...

#20 i am a liar

i am a liar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:44 AM

no one goes to the restaurant after it was crowded.
it's just a matter of time guys :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users