BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I have a couple of problems, one which may be unique:

1) At home, accessing this website is easy. At work, it sometimes takes me 3-4 times to login and have it recognize me. And then, if I'm trying to post something, it takes 3-4 times to finally post. Meaning, it can take me 15-20 times at work when I'm trying to post a reply before it goes through. I have a unique unshared computer and I'm reasonably knowledgible about Internet Explorer options and have looked to make sure cookies are not blocked among other things. Anyone else have this problem and/or know a solution.

2) How do you edit an original post you've made? I've seen people do it, but don't know how I can. The edit option sometimes appears for a time on new posts and replies, but disappears quickly. I've made mistakes on new topics I'd like to fix, and don't know how.

4 answers to this question

2. the edit option appears only for about 10 minutes after u post ur reply.....this is for members....but the moderators,VIPs, and the site administrator can edit their posts anytime :)

1) I have this problem (sometimes) but it has been better this week than last week. Since, for me at least, it was only happening for this particular website I figure it must have something to do with the number of people logged in at once, but I'm not sure.

2) You have 10 minutes to edit any post, even new topics.

I have a couple of problems, one which may be unique:

1) At home, accessing this website is easy. At work, it sometimes takes me 3-4 times to login and have it recognize me. And then, if I'm trying to post something, it takes 3-4 times to finally post. Meaning, it can take me 15-20 times at work when I'm trying to post a reply before it goes through. I have a unique unshared computer and I'm reasonably knowledgible about Internet Explorer options and have looked to make sure cookies are not blocked among other things. Anyone else have this problem and/or know a solution.

2) How do you edit an original post you've made? I've seen people do it, but don't know how I can. The edit option sometimes appears for a time on new posts and replies, but disappears quickly. I've made mistakes on new topics I'd like to fix, and don't know how.

Remember you can preview your post - takes more time though.

there have been a lot of dulicate posting - which hints at a problem other than yours or other peoples computers

Can't do tecky stuff - sorry

We all look forward to unlimited edit, would be good for perfecting, making clear - not to use for "I did'nt say that"

Hint: if you want "unlimited" edit time, compose your text in Notepad.

Get it worded just right. Then copy/paste into your post.

You'll have the full 10 minute window to add color, bold face and smileys.

By using preview you'll have even more time.

When it's what you want, click Add Reply.