BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

13 answers to this question

B*S*Y(divided by V)(divided by Y)=25

There are a couple different answers, unless all the letters must equal different numbers. (eq. if not, B=25, S=1, Y=1, V=1).

So first I'll assume that they need to be different numbers. Next I will assume the equation is meant to be written (B*S*Y)/(V)/(Y)=25. Then I'll assume that the fraction used to produce 25 is reduced as much as possible. Then I'll assume that it is known that the values of B and S are interchangeable. Then I'll assume that the letters represent positive whole integers. If so then, even after narrowing it down so much... the answer is...

B=5

S=10

Y=any number

V=2

or

B=5

S=15

Y=any number

V=3

or

B=100

S=1

Y=any number

V=4

or

B=1

S=50

Y=any number

V=2

or

B=2897398217409281748725

S=1

Y=any number

V=Approx 1.15896*1020

OR... Infinite answers.

B*S*Y(divided by V)(divided by Y)=25

There are a couple different answers, unless all the letters must equal different numbers. (eq. if not, B=25, S=1, Y=1, V=1).

So first I'll assume that they need to be different numbers. Next I will assume the equation is meant to be written (B*S*Y)/(V)/(Y)=25. Then I'll assume that the fraction used to produce 25 is reduced as much as possible. Then I'll assume that it is known that the values of B and S are interchangeable. Then I'll assume that the letters represent positive whole integers. If so then, even after narrowing it down so much... the answer is...

B=5

S=10

Y=any number

V=2

or

B=5

S=15

Y=any number

V=3

or

B=100

S=1

Y=any number

V=4

or

B=1

S=50

Y=any number

V=2

or

B=2897398217409281748725

S=1

Y=any number

V=Approx 1.15896*1020

OR... Infinite answers.

No number is more than 26.

B=5

S=10

Y=any number less than 26 and not the same as B,S, or V

V=2

or

B=5

S=10

V=2

or

B=5

S=15

V=3

Still no. I made a topic similar to this, but with a different code. Look at that for an idea. the topic is called Should be very easy

Edited by giterdone

Are the parenthesis to be muliplied with eachother? that would change my answer.

The parentheses are just to separate the divided by because i didnt do that in one of my math problems, and it caused mass chaos and confusion. They don't mean multiply. multiply=*