BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here are the 4th through 10th numbers in the sequence. The goal is to find the first 3. If you can find more after the 10th numbers, great, but it's not necessary. The answer is relatively simple, and someone might get this quickly without hints.

..., 35, 34, 34, 35, 37, 39, 38, ...

My recommendation: don't post an answer until you take a look at the first hint.

While there is a pattern here, there is NO relationship between one number and another. You DO NOT use the previous number to find the next number, or anything like that.

All numbers in this sequence are in the 30s.

There is a finite number of numbers in this sequence.

There is actually a unique answer for the 1st and 3rd number, but there is two possible correct answers for the 2nd number.

The answer to the 2nd number is different today than it would be a year from now. The answer to the 2nd number is the same a year from today as it is two years from today.

5 answers to this question

1. 38

2. 36 OR 37

3. 36

Your last hint is like to much revealing, IMOP.

Your answers are right.

I think you're probably right about my hints, but that's why they're hidden spoilers and I gave a lot of them... use them as little or much as you want. I figure that the fewer spoilers on this problem you read, the more successful you were at figuring out the answer.

is it the number of days in each month + the number of letters in the month name. meaning every four years the second term will be 37 all the other times it should be 36?