BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

some problems from math class

1. How can half of 12 be 7

2. A street that is 40 yards long has a tree every 10 yards on both sides. How many total trees on the entire street?

3. How many 9's are there between 1 and 100?

4. What has 4 legs and only 1 foot?

5. How is the moon like a pound?

6. which 4 digit number beggining with 2 made up of even numbers has only 4 factors ( 2xyz)

And my pounds are made of Oz's or 100p or two 50p there are no 1/4's for £ any more used to be five bob(shillings)

i realised i had made the error earlier on due to the fact im british and use pounds as a currency instead of dollars it was too late to edit the OP though so i had to add an extra post at the bottom on page 1

i realised i had made the error earlier on due to the fact im british and use pounds as a currency instead of dollars it was too late to edit the OP though so i had to add an extra post at the bottom on page 1

Got that - but did you think the £ has a quatre (25p) or thinking along the 4oz (16 = 1lb)

Got that - but did you think the £ has a quatre (25p) or thinking along the 4oz (16 = 1lb)

ye i was thinking about the 1lb pound but changed it to doller to save the confusion with the £ type of pound

ye i was thinking about the 1lb pound but changed it to doller to save the confusion with the £ type of pound

I knew you meant currency, I actually thought there was suck a thing as a quarter-pound currency in Britain. That goes to show you I'm American.

Maybe you should've said 'moon and marijuana?' :lol:

I knew you meant currency, I actually thought there was suck a thing as a quarter-pound currency in Britain. That goes to show you I'm American.

Maybe you should've said 'moon and marijuana?' :lol:

and a quarter of marijuana is what? im not a drugs kinda person lol :mellow: