BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Can you prove...

1) you are not dreaming?

2) the past happened?

3) you are not artificial intelligence?

4) anyone else besides you exists?

5) your life is not someone else's experiment?

6) time exists? (not keeping time, but time itself)

7) anything can be original?

8) you are not repeating the same life over and over?

9) anything other than 'you can think' and 'you acknowledge your own existence'?

10) the government ever tells the truth?

Of course the answer to all of these is NO, but you can think about them... I'd be glad to be wrong though.

4 answers to this question

Can't begin to prove these.

2) the past happened?

9) anything other than 'you can think' and 'you acknowledge your own existence'?

---------------------------------

1) you are not dreaming?

I don't know about you, but like a good percentage of people, I dream in black in white only (it's an interesting thing about colors and dreaming if you look up info about it). There's been a couple of very realistic dreams I've had where that thought passes through my head and I start "actively" dreaming as a recognize it's not real.

People who have been blinded have been known to dream with seeing. Things like that.

Well, what do you mean by exists? If I supposed that I exist, and this computer exists, then anything else I see exists too. If you mean, "anyone else besides you is a real human being, and not some crazy artificial intelligence fooling your senses", then no, just like not being about to prove 3.

Well, from the little I know about physics, time is solely relative, and there isn't a singular truth about it. So, I think we may actually be able to prove time does NOT exist, except as humans interpret it. Sort of a tree falls in a forest scenario.

Well, if you assume that truth can be told, then yes. Because I've heard Bill Clinton say he didn't have sex with Monica and then later say he did. One of them has to be true. :)

Can you prove...

Based on the probabilty factor, i would say that there is a percentage that will be true, but if you take into account Qs 1-9, if we can't prove that then 10 does not matter.

Nb time is not relevant linear or otherwise, if we exist we measure it or it passes and we percieve it in our own way (we think we measure it) - Phil O'Sophy - aka LIS

Can you prove...

1) you are not dreaming?

2) the past happened?

Of course the answer to all of these is NO, but you can think about them... I'd be glad to be wrong though.

2) Do you posses any scars?

3) I believe once one is aware of their own intelligence, then it is no longer artificial.