BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You are trapped in a room. There is a disassembled high-powered rifle with instructions printed in Shwahii. In 20 minutes two hungry Bengal Tigers will be released into the room. Take whatever actions are neccessary. How do you survive.

You are trapped in a room. There is a disassembled high-powered rifle with instructions printed in Shwahii. In 20 minutes two hungry Bengal Tigers will be released into the room. Take whatever actions are neccessary. How do you survive.

Simple. At the time the tigers are released you throw the rifle pieces opposite (in the room) of where they enter and they generally will fetch as attracted to the movement. Then quickly get away and exit through their entrance.

Use the pictures to follow the directions!

LOLZ at LIS' answer

stuff the rifle parts in their mouths when they try to bite you. Then duck and roll between their legs and throw a rock at the door switch when they are approaching again. The door will crash down on their heads killing them. Then the tiger keeper will come out and cry over their bodies and Jabba will let you out of the room only to be placed in another escapable execution scenario.

You are trapped in a room. There is a disassembled high-powered rifle with instructions printed in Shwahii. In 20 minutes two hungry Bengal Tigers will be released into the room. Take whatever actions are neccessary. How do you survive?

Flip the instruction booklet to the English section (or any of your choice that you can read, for me, it's English) and get to building.

Pray that the tigers can speak my language so I can tell them to spare my life.

i speak english, rubbish and Shwahlii but not IKEA! Some instructions require a four year old - pass on that too!

Are they a protected species...

it's a paradox!

Kill and be killed or don't kill and be killed

Is there a death sentance for this?

Bengal Tigers wouldn't usually have both words capitalized. I think that's a clue that these are not ferocious felines, but rather two underfed members of the Indian cricket team the Royal Bengal Tigers. When they come in in 20 minutes, head out with them to a nice dinner of Tandori chicken.

Had anyone come close yet? Before someone takes out a swahilli translation booklet, or something bizaar.

good idea akaslickster

i would pull out my handy swahili translation book that i carry everywhere i go, along with a french, german, italian and every other language that can be translated into english

:P

5 more possible answers (although I like the cricket team answer the best):

#1) Since Shwahii is not a real language, and I'll assume that ISN'T a typo for Swahili, then we're not in the real world. I use my Final Fantasy White Mage magical powers to escape the room using an "Exit" spell.

#2) Ask the person in the room who DOES read Shwahii to put the rifle together for you. Then, shoot the tigers.

#3) While there is a dissassembled rifle in the room, you forgot to mention the other 136 ASSEMBLED rifles in the room. Just use one of those. (By the way, there is NO mention of ammunition. Wouldn't it be funny if you found a way to assemble the rifle in 19 minutes, get ready for the tigers, and then right before the doors opened you rememberd, "Hey! What about bullets?!")

#4) While there is a dissassembled rifle in the room, you forgot to mention the 5,314 pounds of raw meat that's there also. Wait for the tigers to eat the meat, and head on out.

#5) Sing "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor real REAL loud. You might not live, but your statement about surviving, even if you sing off key, is good enough to solve this puzzle. For bonus points, sing the version done by the band Cake.

If you have any lighting and you know where the bengals will come out ,, you just take the barrel piece of the rifle and whack them on top of the head really hard as they enter the room. That should give you time to murder them completely. Then you survive like a cannibal and eat them raw.

5 more possible answers (although I like the cricket team answer the best):

#1) Since Shwahii is not a real language, and I'll assume that ISN'T a typo for Swahili, then we're not in the real world. I use my Final Fantasy White Mage magical powers to escape the room using an "Exit" spell.

#2) Ask the person in the room who DOES read Shwahii to put the rifle together for you. Then, shoot the tigers.

#3) While there is a dissassembled rifle in the room, you forgot to mention the other 136 ASSEMBLED rifles in the room. Just use one of those. (By the way, there is NO mention of ammunition. Wouldn't it be funny if you found a way to assemble the rifle in 19 minutes, get ready for the tigers, and then right before the doors opened you rememberd, "Hey! What about bullets?!")

#4) While there is a dissassembled rifle in the room, you forgot to mention the 5,314 pounds of raw meat that's there also. Wait for the tigers to eat the meat, and head on out.

#5) Sing "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor real REAL loud. You might not live, but your statement about surviving, even if you sing off key, is good enough to solve this puzzle. For bonus points, sing the version done by the band Cake.

lol rhapsodize definately thinking outside the box there especially with number 5.

2 other off-the-wall possibilities, although I still think these are hungry cricket players coming at you...

The "rifle" is disassembled. Well, reassable R-I-F-L-E into F-L-I-E-R. Take your flier, and fly up in the air. If you can fly out of the room, great, but if not, get up high to get away from the tigers.

Or, since the rifle is disassembled, it has lots of parts. Take all the parts into one pile, a whole. Take the hole, put it in the wall/floor, and escape.

2 other off-the-wall possibilities, although I still think these are hungry cricket players coming at you...

The "rifle" is disassembled. Well, reassable R-I-F-L-E into F-L-I-E-R. Take your flier, and fly up in the air. If you can fly out of the room, great, but if not, get up high to get away from the tigers.

Or, since the rifle is disassembled, it has lots of parts. Take all the parts into one pile, a whole. Take the hole, put it in the wall/floor, and escape.

Very creative and both work well ;) Nice.

My english teacher found this on the internet and my class came up with the most bizzare solutions. I wanted to see the solutions that you guys come up with. I got some hillarious results from you guys. :lol:

use your cell phone and call the 10-minute-drive-away military base and tell the general your problem. He'll bring in a division of troops with assembled rifles and have them shoot the tigers :P