BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Probably everyone knows the longest/largest alphabet in the world....

Which is the smallest/shortest?

Which iss the most spoken language?

Which is the 2nd most spoken?

Whicha language has the least amount of words?

English has the most words - due to technical and medical - if you used twice as many words as the average person you would be using 2%

58 countries in the world and the UN include English as an official language, followed by French with 32 countries and the UN, and ? ? ? ? ? ? in 25 countries and the UN.

Okay battery running low so last one for now

Which is the form of writing that deaf and dumb people read when thet run there hand over the page?

Trivia - Uppercase and lowercase comes from old printing blocks cos the capitals were kept in the case above the lower case

10 answers to this question

i

Which is the most spoken language?

chinese (not sure if there different variations)

english

Which language has the least amount of words?

chinese/japanese

English has the most words - due to technical and medical - if you used twice as many words as the average person you would be using 2%

58 countries in the world and the UN include English as an official language, followed by French with 32 countries and the UN, and ? ? ? ? ? ? in 25 countries and the UN.

Which is the form of writing that deaf and dumb people read when thet run there hand over the page?

well, I know it is not braille :P (sure I am not going to make bold this one)

the shortest alphabet is used in the Solomon Islands, has only 11.

the second most spoken language is english.

The most spoken language is Chinese (Mandarin).

The language of Taki, spoken in parts of French Guinea, consists of only 340 words.

Arabic at 25 countries and the UN.

Which iss the most spoken language?

Whicha language has the least amount of words?

Trivia - Uppercase and lowercase comes from old printing blocks cos the capitals were kept in the case above the lower case

Edited by ash013

What about whistled languages?

Technically there must be 0 words. ;)

Has to be the best reply on this site... I am gonna be laughing all day!

But have to Quip too, there is a whistled language, and there are thousands of others - none in written form, came you name one other than the one I directed you to.

Left the last one out ash013 (nice to see you back).

a) They are deaf, dumb and blind - in which case it is braille.

b) They are deaf, dumb and really poor at tracking what they are reading, so need to run their fingers over the page as they read. In that case, it's whatever language the book is written in.

Which is the smallest/shortest? I'd say Hawaiian. They only have 12 letters.

Which iss the most spoken language? English.

Which is the 2nd most spoken? Spanish or Chinese. Or Arabic. lol

Whicha language has the least amount of words? Umm...I'm going with Hawaiian again.

58 countries in the world and the UN include English as an official language, followed by French with 32 countries and the UN, and ? ? ? ? ? ? in 25 countries and the UN. Japanese? Technology and all?

Which is the form of writing that deaf and dumb people read when thet run there hand over the page? Umm....I'd say plain ol' writing, unless they happen to also be blind. :) color]

Edited to insert spoiler.

Edited by onetruth

a) They are deaf, dumb and blind - in which case it is braille.

b) They are deaf, dumb and really poor at tracking what they are reading, so need to run their fingers over the page as they read. In that case, it's whatever language the book is written in.

Yes - it's called text/priint

asho13 did the others and cpotting got the last, Brhan avoided the braille trap and cpotting swerved it nicely and kicked it into the gutter.

Boring bit...

We all learn to read by pointing at words to start with, some (me) longer than others - incidentally it's a good way to teach children by pointing out words and letters in books with big writing, and more fathers should be reading to their kids too... Sorry if that's OTT

1. Which is the smallest/shortest?

2. Which iss the most spoken language?

3. Which is the 2nd most spoken?

Where's the CS love?

1. Binary

2. Binary

3. Hexadecimal

Edited by KarenClark

1. Binary

2. Binary

3. Hexadecimal

Well was actually meaning spoken, could have been very strict and stuck with the 'original alphabet' (greek/roman based) but reduced research for others

Top marks for another excellant answer!

Can we say that is inside the 'box'?