BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Two cowboys were argueing one evening into the saloon who is better shooter.The first one shot and unwound the bulb a little bit and turned it off.The second one shot after him and twirled the bulb back and turned it on again.Who is the better shooter and why?

14 answers to this question

The second one did it in the dark. ;)

I would like this answer if the riddle specified that only this 1 bulb lit the area. The room I'm in right now has a lot of bulbs. It also doesn't specify time of day. I know it's logical to have a light bulb on at night, but there are plenty of reasons for them being on during daytime, dawn or dusk.

I would like this answer if the riddle specified that only this 1 bulb lit the area. The room I'm in right now has a lot of bulbs. It also doesn't specify time of day. I know it's logical to have a light bulb on at night, but there are plenty of reasons for them being on during daytime, dawn or dusk.

Yes, I see what you mean now and I think you're right except for you explanation.

The first one, the second one got more time to aim.....

Two cowboys were argueing one evening into the saloon who is better shooter.The first one shot and unwound the bulb a little bit and turned it off.The second one shot after him and twirled the bulb back and turned it on again.Who is the better shooter and why?

The first one's better, because the light bulb had a greater amount of friction when it was tightened.

You are wrong.The puzzle said THE BULB,not one of the bulbs-meaning only one bulb.

Edited by ash013

You are wrong.The puzzle said THE BULB,not one of the bulbs-meaning only one bulb.

However, it does not say if there was any ambient light.

If the room had other light, then I say the first cowboy is the better shot. He hit the edge of lit bulb. It's pretty hard to make out the glass edge of a bulb that's lit; even in the day.

If there was no ambient light, then I agree that second cowboy is the better shot for hitting the bulb in the dark.

However, it does not say if there was any ambient light.

If the room had other light, then I say the first cowboy is the better shot. He hit the edge of lit bulb. It's pretty hard to make out the glass edge of a bulb that's lit; even in the day.

If there was no ambient light, then I agree that second cowboy is the better shot for hitting the bulb in the dark.

Nice. Good call with the light making the edge harder to see. I was originally thinking the first guy had it harder because the light bulb was partially unscrewed for the second guy, therefore some of the threading would be showing and that would give him an easier spot to hit. It's harder to crack the bulb hitting the threads than it is hitting the glass of course.

On second thought, there is no way to tell because both guys have unmeasurable obstacles to compare

The first guy has to stare at a shining light bulb and be accurate (just look at a light bulb for 3 seconds and see what I mean)

The second guy has to shoot in the dark and be accurate

Both are undefined units of difficulty and cannot be measured against each other.