Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hotel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#41 bigskybuuck

bigskybuuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

13 people 12 rooms and everyone wants his room.... simple there is one female.. all the males has their own room

#42 Cute e pie

Cute e pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

why r u all arguing over the same answer?
The final, and only answer is: :D
Spoiler for CLICK ME!
:D :lol: ;) ;) :mellow: B)) :P :huh: -_-

#43 Emi Wasaki

Emi Wasaki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:59 AM

yup. totally impossible to do. the 2nd guy wouldn't have a room, so they would either have to pair up or find another hotel ;)

#44 Following_my_dream

Following_my_dream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:49 AM

hillarious banebrain.... let him sleep in the elevator... just give him a pillow and say sleep. loll.
but i think that the bellboy convinced the second guest to go somewhere else, gave him a 500 dollar bill and said have at it honey see ya later.... :lol: loll.

#45 Malfure

Malfure

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 05:42 AM

if its a floor then its impossible. If its a room with more rooms in it (lets say the living room and twelve more rooms) then the 2nd guy would sleep in the living room

#46 maverick1999

maverick1999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

Hotel - Back to the Logic Puzzles
13 men came into a hotel with 12 rooms and everybody wanted his own room. The bellboy solved this problem.
He asked the thirteenth guest to wait a moment with the first guest in room number 1. So in the first room there were two people. The bellboy took the third guest to room number 2, the fourth to number 3, ... and the twelfth guest to room number 11. Then he returned to room number 1 and took the thirteenth guest to empty room number 12.
How can everybody have his own room?

Spoiler for Solution

I think I'm missing something. What happenned to guest No.2?

I think this one is all in the telling

#47 jimmyc

jimmyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

technically halls are rooms so leave a guy out there

#48 pinwizard

pinwizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

They could do it with less rooms if they sleep in shifts and each are allowed a certain amount of time in there OWN room.

#49 rene83

rene83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

if the 12 rooms were not merely numbered 1-12 and one of the rooms was numbered 0 then the first guest could go to room 0 even though there were only 12 rooms

#50 Stove

Stove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

If we assume the bellboy is one of those 13 people, it works out flawlessly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users