BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

6 answers to this question

4 does not come under this category. :)

3+1=4

But 1 is non-prime.

how about 2+2=4 ... OP doesn't state the prime numbers must be distinct, right? I think it is called Goldbach's conjecture ... Bonanova said something interesting about it before. This time he may say more ...

Every even integer greater than 2 can be written as the sum of two primes, where 1 is not prime. Prove / disprove.

I'd like to see the proof here, because as far as I know, it is as of yet unproven. It has been shown that the probability of this is great, but not proven.

you might be able to disprove it but I don't think you could prove it without also coming up with formula for primes, which as yet, doesn't exist.

They just happen!

This is a very famous mathematical problem called the Goldberg Conjecture. I don't believe even the best mathematicians in the world have proved this over centuries of trying. You can google it on the internet to find out more.

This is a very famous mathematical problem called the Goldberg Conjecture. I don't believe even the best mathematicians in the world have proved this over centuries of trying. You can google it on the internet to find out more.

i didn't really feel like trying this problem as maths is not really my "forte" to say, but nevertheless i did google it and this is what i got

First, any prime number is odd, so it can be written 2n + 1 for some integer n. Next, we write 2n + 1 = n2 - n2 + 2n + 1 = (n + 1)2 - n2, a difference of two squares.

i don't fully understand this but in general kinda feel it works