Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Some notes on Illusions IV

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fosley

fosley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

1. Here are a couple non-illusion images of the Face on Mars (note that these weren't available for something like 20 or 30 years after the original was taken):
(Click to see pages with bigger versions.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

2. In the colored "X" picture, there are 3 colors: red, green, white. "White" is a mixture of wavelengths just as much as red and green usually are. It is possible to have single-wavelength red or green (such as in a laser), where white cannot be less than 2 distinct wavelengths (yellow + blue, red + cyan, or anything in the middle), but in everyday life neither red nor green are single-wavelengths. On that note, there are 3 different colors when viewed from afar (because the light mixes to appear as different colors): light green, pink, and a goofy brown-ish color.

3. Here are the faces I saw in the 11 faces illusion. I count 17. The yellow face on the upper-right, the green face in the upper-middle and the blue face just right of the green face are not meant to be seen (that is, I saw them, but they weren't an intended part of the illusion). That leaves 11 hidden faces and 3 obvious faces (the man and two horses). I'll put the original here too so you can look back and forth--my markings probably make it hard to see what I was looking at. What's funny is that some of the less obvious ones popped out most readily.
Posted Image

Attached Images

• 11faces-marked.JPG

#2 Tap_521

Tap_521

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

WHOA NOW THATS COOL WISH I SAW ALL THE FACES!

#3 Brookey

Brookey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:36 AM

Okay. If you look at the guy on the bottom just a hair to the right in the middle, you can see Mr. Incredible!!!

#4 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:39 AM

I see 2 more than that lol just to the right of the right eye of the big face in the bottom centre there are two very small eyes and i can see a mouth below. Also the small yellow face in the top right to the right of it and a tiny bit below i see a moustache as part of a face??? anyone else???

#5 The Turtle Girl

The Turtle Girl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:06 AM

'Tis a beautiful piece of artwork, no?

#6 Aussie Bandit

Aussie Bandit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

I see another face, big one.
In the top left, between the marked red and yellow faces, left eye the red's right. Chubby, but clear cheek line.

#7 PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

wow, thats really cool!

#8 FreudianComplex

FreudianComplex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:51 PM

I see one! thats not marked, right beside the one at the top left corner, its face is slanted to the otherside ;)

#9 PLMerry

PLMerry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 03:27 AM

Then there are people like me who can only see about 6 or 7 due to limited color vision. I see the primary colors, but loose about 50% of the spectrum 'between' the primary colors. So for me there is no pink, purples, green,...... But you know some how I survive as long as there is a stop sign at every red single flashing light.

Thanks for marking them all so I could see them. The artist is amazing.

#10 blah blah

blah blah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

This is my original sitings, I saw 16 - I didn't count the so called 'obvious' faces,the man and two horses. Ive realized that there is lots more-I'll post them.

Attached Images

• Schizo.jpg
  • Schizophrenia.jpg

Edited by blah blah, 18 September 2008 - 05:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users