BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

1. How many letters are in the alphabet?

2.A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How can this be possible?

3.A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

4.A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

5.I cannot be felt, seen or touched; Yet I can be found in everybody; My existence is always in debate; Yet I have my own style of music. What am I?

Good Luck & Have fun with these riddles! :D;)

11 answers to this question

3.A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

4.A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

5.I cannot be felt, seen or touched; Yet I can be found in everybody; My existence is always in debate; Yet I have my own style of music. What am I?

the man writes on the paper- " your exact weight". hence he wins the bet

1. 11 letters in "the alphabet"

2. the other half are boys too

3. the farmer, his sack had grain in it.

4. he wrote "your exact weight" on the paper

5. soul

Seven . I believe this is the correct answer.

If challenged, I will supply proof. But I don't want to give it away yet.

They're all boys - the other half are also boys.

The farmer. Grain weighs more than sacks do.

By writing your exact weight on the piece of paper.

Soul.

looks like bonanova has all the correct answers! well done but, for the dirst question i would say "the alphabet" is 11 letter, but I say you only counted "alphabet" as 7. Excellent work! :D;)

looks like bonanova has all the correct answers! well done but, for the dirst question i would say "the alphabet" is 11 letter, but I say you only counted "alphabet" as 7. Excellent work! :D;)

Not quite ... Alphabet has 8 letters - if you count repeats.

But "The Alphabet" - has only 7 letters: A, B, E, H, L, P and T B))

Answer: 8

Answer:7/2=3.5(~~4) SO "4" BOYS

aNSWER....your exact weight ON PAPER WAS WRITTEN

aNSWER: dREAM

Edited by cerebrum

"Thinking outside the box" edition.

1. How many letters are in the alphabet? 26

2.A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How can this be possible? One of her children is hermaphrodite.

3.A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why? The farmer's wife. Her husband is so dumb as to carry the grain sacs while the help is carrying empty sacks

The man wrote on the piece of paper "Give me 50$ or I'll gut you like a fish."

FUNKY!

I already read the answers but for #2 her child could be a siamese twin and the siamese twin is counted as one child

for question # 1 the answer is seven T E H A L B P

wouldn't #3 depend on the weight of the sacks, the sacks the hired help are carryong could weigh a lot more than the farmer's sack of grain