BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Your hint makes me think of cryptonite, but I can't for the life of me find other fictional elements that would fit into some of the other lines. It seems you are using that reference to let us know that line four is referring to a weakness that the strongest man has, but other than superman, I'm stumped.

Getting warmer... ;)

likely wrong given the hints, but I think "hair" fits.

I help you reach new heights - hair is above your head, i.e. taller than you really are.

I showcase your wares in plain site - frames your face???

I buffer your eyes from the light - eyelashes

I cripple the strongest man with fright - Sampson and the haircut ...

likely wrong given the hints, but I think "hair" fits.

I help you reach new heights - hair is above your head, i.e. taller than you really are.

I showcase your wares in plain site - frames your face???

I buffer your eyes from the light - eyelashes

I cripple the strongest man with fright - Sampson and the haircut ...

Well, hair is part of 'you' so it's like saying 'your head' helps you reach new heights.

Face is wares? maybe, but definitely not a common saying (more likely other body parts would fit that description)

Eyelashes don't really buffer light, they buffer dust and stuff. Lids buffer light.

I'm not familiar with Sampson, but I'm guessing he hates barbers...?

It may be time for a little better hint? Are the clues for literal objects, or is it more abstract or fictional? There just seems to be a near endless list of things that come incredibly close, like:

a skyscraper:

the stairs or elevator take you to new heights

a store in it would showcase your wares

the blinds/shades/curtains would buffer your eyes from the light

the strongest man could suffer from batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

It may be time for a little better hint? Are the clues for literal objects, or is it more abstract or fictional? There just seems to be a near endless list of things that come incredibly close, like:

a skyscraper:

the stairs or elevator take you to new heights

a store in it would showcase your wares

the blinds/shades/curtains would buffer your eyes from the light

the strongest man could suffer from batophobia- Fear of heights or being close to high buildings.

There is not an endless list of things apparently, because so far no answer has satisfied the 4th line without some extreme assumption about 'the strongest man'.

The answer is real.

The first three clues are real.

The fourth (I was hoping the Achilles hint would settle this) is based on fiction. - Using the real strongest man in the world would be most likely inaccurate or at least subject to constant change.

I help you reach new heights

I showcase your wares in plain sight

I buffer your eyes from the light

I cripple the strongest man with fright

Well, that's fine, but what am I?

I'll accept 2 answers -extra e-kudos if you get them both B))

I think i have spotted another puzzle extra e-kudos is that a form of portugese money, pre euro €

FEAR/FRIGHT

I think i have spotted another puzzle extra e-kudos is that a form of portugese money, pre euro €

FEAR/FRIGHT

I said fear and Itachi said no, but I have 3 more guesses...

Government

I help you reach new heights---- Many different answers for this part but I'll put like becoming a major power in the world

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- Communist governments know almost everything about their people

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Governments lie to you!!

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- IRS I read a couple days ago about a guy who commited suicide because of a lien

A meteoroid/asteroid/meteorite

I help you reach new heights---- Study of them brings scientist new information of space(new heights).

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- A lot of them have minerals such as iron and such so a lot of asteroids are worth billions or even trillions of dollars

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Hmm going to stretch this part a little but I'm sure their's another explanation that doesn't need stretching. One's comingat Earth blocking out the sun.

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- imtcb gave me the idea kryptonite

Feelings

I help you reach new heights---- Happiness, excitment, etc.

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- On a lot people you can tell how they are feeling by their facial exp​ression.

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Love, fear, and other emotions can cloud one's thinking.

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- Sense of failure, low self esteem, shyness, etc.

I said fear and Itachi said no, but I have 3 more guesses...

Government

I help you reach new heights---- Many different answers for this part but I'll put like becoming a major power in the world

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- Communist governments know almost everything about their people

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Governments lie to you!!

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- IRS I read a couple days ago about a guy who commited suicide because of a lien

A meteoroid/asteroid/meteorite

I help you reach new heights---- Study of them brings scientist new information of space(new heights).

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- A lot of them have minerals such as iron and such so a lot of asteroids are worth billions or even trillions of dollars

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Hmm going to stretch this part a little but I'm sure their's another explanation that doesn't need stretching. One's comingat Earth blocking out the sun.

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- imtcb gave me the idea kryptonite

Feelings

I help you reach new heights---- Happiness, excitment, etc.

I showcase your wares in plain sight---- On a lot people you can tell how they are feeling by their facial exp​ression.

I buffer your eyes from the light---- Love, fear, and other emotions can cloud one's thinking.

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- Sense of failure, low self esteem, shyness, etc.

Government only works for lines 1 and 3

Meteor only works for line 4

Feelings only works for 2 and 3, maybe 1

Well, all 4 lines are mentioned at least ;)

Wood/trees

I help you reach new heights ----Ladders

I showcase your wares in plain sight----Shelves

I buffer your eyes from the light----Shade

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- The first Green Lantern, Alan Scott, was susceptible to wood (Please don't ask me how I know this).

Wood/trees

I help you reach new heights ----Ladders

I showcase your wares in plain sight----Shelves

I buffer your eyes from the light----Shade

I cripple the strongest man with fright---- The first Green Lantern, Alan Scott, was susceptible to wood (Please don't ask me how I know this).

Well, this answer has been given before, but never with the Green Lantern reasoning for the 4th line. I think it would be a little much saying Green Lantern is the strongest man... though I must confess that I know next to nothing about his story. If he really satisfies the 4th line sufficiently, then that's fine, but wood/tree is not my intended answer.

A speech?

-Possibility of higher social stature.

-Obviously showcases everything

-The podium acts as a buffer for the spotlight or limelight? (STREEEEEETCH)

-Men posses a greater fear of it than death.

Like you said it's a stretch, but I appreciate the Seinfeld reference: "People would rather be in the coffin than giving the eulogy." :lol:

OK, this is obviously too hard so here are some hints:

Each line refers to something completely different (so no shelves, ladder, etc... for wood) - they're totally different, but do make a whole.

the strongest man does mean Superman

When I said I would take 2 answers, I tried to be as confusing as possible, and apparently it worked. To clarify, I mean that the puzzle is a What am I? (for the whole puzzle) and then the fifth line asks: what am I? again. This may (and does in this case) imply that there are more than 4 things and the fifth thing is not describing itself. Therefore the 2 answers would be: the whole, and the fifth unmentioned thing. This still does not mean that there are only 5 things, this could be an infinite series of things, but it's not =), though there could very well be even more than 5 total.

I think I managed to not give this away ;)

I help you reach new heights His super ability to fly

I showcase your wares in plain sight Laser vision

I buffer your eyes from the light Clark Kent Glasses...umm...sunglasses?

I cripple the strongest man with fright It's something green

Well, that's fine, but what am I? The face of DC/Kal-el

I know it's wrong, but why not...

I'm thinking it might have something to do with elements or the peridoic table.

Helium raises us to new heights in zepellins.

Krypton/Kryptonite scares Superman.

I don't know about the other two clues though.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with elements or the peridoic table.

Helium raises us to new heights in zepellins.

Krypton/Kryptonite scares Superman.

I don't know about the other two clues though.

Well done Artificial I! Well, at least close enough. Not bad for your 3rd post. The answer is:

the noble gases.

I help you reach new heights

Helium, not just with levitation, but also with your voice

I showcase your wares in plain sight

Neon, just think of your local bar or Las Vegas for that matter

Argon, used to fill light bulbs

I cripple the strongest man with fright

Krypton, I know you're all gonna say he's scared of Kryptonite, but Kryptonite is a piece of Krypton

Well, that's fine, but what am I?

The next noble gas would be the lesser known Xenon, though it does have many uses

Argon, used to fill light bulbs - Can't connect it - pls explain

Had cloud and krypton, did'nt make it further.

Argon is used as a fill gas in incandescent lighting, because argon will not react with the filament of light bulbs even at high temperatures. It is also used as an inert gas shield in many forms of welding.

One definition of buffer is any device, material, or apparatus used as a shield, cushion, or bumper, esp. on machinery.