BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

In a museum, there were these pictures on the wall of heroes and nationalists on display. underneath each portrait, was a description of the achievements recorded by each of the people on display. One day, a man came into the museum and was going from picture to picture looking at them and reading the achievements of each of them. When he got to one particular picture, he was so facinated by the achievements recorded by the person on display that he spent a long time admiring the picture. While he was looking at the picture, another man came in and noticed the interest with which the 1st man was looking at that particular picture. The 2nd man then asked, "who is that?"

In reply, the 1st man said;

"Brothers and sisters, I have none but this man's father is my father's son"

Who do you think the 1st man was looking at?

7 answers to this question

"Brothers and sisters, I have none; but this man's father is my father's son"

So it should be equivalent to "this man's father is me," so he was looking at his son's portrait.

Are you guys kidding? It's his father's son. He is an only child. So it is a picture of himself.

Are you kidding? The person in the picture's father is his father's son. He is an only child. So it is a picture of his son.