BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There are three rooms inside a house which no person has lived in or entered within the last 9 months. The first room is full of toxic gas which will kill you in a matter of seconds, the second room contains a motion detector bomb so when the door opens it will explode and the third contains three lions which will shred you to pieces if you enter.

You are locked in this house and have to decide which door to leave through?

10 answers to this question

There are three rooms inside a house which no person has lived in or entered within the last 9 months. The first room is full of toxic gas which will kill you in a matter of seconds, the second room contains a motion detector bomb so when the door opens it will explode and the third contains three lions which will shred you to pieces if you enter.

You are locked in this house and have to decide which door to leave through?

First room - holding my breath as I pass through it and leave the house.

Second choice would be the lions, assuming that if they haven't been fed in nine months they might not shred me.

I would hope that there were not enough mice for the lions to eat over the last 9 months and take the chance that they have all died of starvation by now and chose door 3.

Assuming that I know which door is which, I would choose the Lions, who would most likely be dead, unless there is a fresh water source in the room.

If I didn't know which door was which, then I guess you just choose one, or starve.

Thinking outside of the box;

If no one has been in any of three rooms in the last 9 months, and you must leave through one of those doors it means you have been there for over 9 months. Which I doubt there would be enough food.

So that leads me to this, if you have gotten into the house within the past 9 months, and are still alive, I would leave back through the front door and leave those rooms alone.

Also, judging by the way houses are built.. The three rooms, imho, would be classified bedrooms since they are closed quarters, but I have yet to see a house with no living area where the front door is attached. Thus meaning it would be the front door

Edited by PolishNorbi

Thinking outside of the box;

If no one has been in any of three rooms in the last 9 months, and you must leave through one of those doors it means you have been there for over 9 months. Which I doubt there would be enough food.

So that leads me to this, if you have gotten into the house within the past 9 months, and are still alive, I would leave back through the front door and leave those rooms alone.

Also, judging by the way houses are built.. The three rooms, imho, would be classified bedrooms since they are closed quarters, but I have yet to see a house with no living area where the front door is attached. Thus meaning it would be the front door

the OP states clearly that nobody has lived inside for the past 9 months. :)

the OP states clearly that nobody has lived inside for the past 9 months. :)

He is only refrencing the rooms in my eyes.

And if he isn't, it means you have entered just recently and that means you leave the same way you entered since you entered safely.

Edited by PolishNorbi

Someone could have fed the lions without entering the rooms. There could be a drop shoot or something. Or maybe the lion room leads right into a jungle and that's why there are lions there at all.