BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Foxglove or some other type of plant that is poisonous but is used in medicine?

Well, foxglove does have opposing uses (good guess and good word btw), but they don't really fit the riddle. Well, it stretches the riddle too far, i.e. If I come to foxglove or await it it could be the medicine. The visualizations of the actions 'come to' and 'await' are much more applicable for the intended answer.

Well, foxglove does have opposing uses (good guess and good word btw), but they don't really fit the riddle. Well, it stretches the riddle too far, i.e. If I come to foxglove or await it it could be the medicine. The visualizations of the actions 'come to' and 'await' are much more applicable for the intended answer.

Darn, I really thought I had it the more I thought about it. You had said the word had 2 different meanings, so I thought the plant and a type of glove of some sort. I was thinking if you 'come to' foxglove in te wild it would be poison, but if you 'await' its processing it would be medicine.

You have said that medicine and poison are both close, but have discounted many animals without saying the same, so I figured I would move on to plants. I can only think that there is something that you are able to 'await' that moves on its own, but I am pretty stumped. Is there another hint you could give without giving it away?

mold?

the growth and the device to form things (i.e. - ceramic mold)

I don't think it's right, as I can't see how coming to it and awaiting it fits. I think I am out of ideas...

The rattles on a rattle snake can be crushed and used in some remedies and medicines (i think).

So my guess is a rattlesnake/rattlesnake rattles.

Edited by giterdone

You could be executing a program...starting it, in effect bringing it to life.

Well, this is certainly the best answer yet. It may work, but I think bringing a program or OS to life by executing it to function is a bit of a stretch. It is not commonly stated that a program is living when it is running.

the not-borned-yet babe in a pregnant woman's body? cause if you come and get it the babe will just die immediately but if you await it it could be delieved safely,as a life.