BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Imagine a beautiful day-sunny,clear blue sky and you are outside for a picnic.You enjoy everything-the songs of the birds,the babble of the near-by stream,the music of the crickets,the motley butterflys,the flowers and ect.There is a cow also and you wanna drink milk,which you have to boild of course.The only problem is,that you have only one wooden dish and some sticks for the fire.How will you boild the milk?

2 answers to this question

I'd kill the crickets and use their chitinous exoskeleton woven together by fiber strands from the birds' feathers. This would be my bowl, which I would fill with water from the brook. Then I would place the wooden bowl in the water filled cricket bowl, do the "stick rub together" fire start, and do a nice little double boil thing. Sadly, though, I no longer have any birds nor crickets to listen to - if any birds are left, they will surely return to peck on my face.

pasteurisation can be achieved at 72' C for 20 seconds. Just need a way to acieve that. Dig small dish like hole and place the sticks in, rub together two sticks, start fire place bowl over the top. dont worry if it catches fire, it can be blown out after a short while! Drink milk, spit it out and walk to the pub!