Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Asylum Mafia

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#111 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

@OT and Flame voting for a (seemingly) inactive Phil - while I do understand it's very likely that there was no NK (however, I'm still waiting on answers from host), I don't understand the lynch the inactive theory (instead of talking) - if we lynch Hypo & the Sane lose, there is no "release" so if you're Patients why would you risk that? Moreover if you're Sane. So, from my PoV - only Killers & Hypo would clearly be (s)careless who they lynch.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#112 phil1882

phil1882

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

i'll vote for onetruth i'm not the only one who seems inactive by the way.

#113 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Host: Asylum Warden: Kikacat123
Co-host: Deputy Warden: nana77
1. FreeOwn
2. Flamebirde - voting for Phil
4. araver - voting for onetruth
5. Marksmanjay
6. phil1882 - voting for onetruth
7. onetruth - voting for Phil
9. Auramyna -trapped in vent for N2, D2-
10. Barcallica - voting for onetruth
11. mtamburini

DEAD:
3. plasmid - DEAD - poisoned by Killers
8. Boquise - DEAD - executed as Homicidal Maniac

Adding Phil's vote.

And still no info on the table :sigh:
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#114 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

I don't suppose you can give us any more information than "I'm not the only inactive", Phil?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#115 onetruth

onetruth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

My understanding is that the NK carrier can be blocked/trapped and thus stop the NK.

I have no incentive to live past today. I doubt that I will get released, so what wincon do I have to work toward? I'm not too motivated either way.

#116 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

can trapped sane release?

No, players cannot act if they are trapped, even if they have a day role.

Couple questions:1. Does the NP for N2 show a block on Flame?2. Does the NP for N2 show a kill or a save?3. Would the NP show an attempted kill stopped by the save?4. How does the Compulsive Liar change the NP - can he add / delete directly from the NP or can he instruct the host e.g. "Do not show actions on Player X (or Role Y)" or "show actions targeting X as targeting Y"?5. Can the Hypo copy the Compulsive Liar's ability to manipulate the NP/DP?6. Are redirects shown in the NP?7. The Paranoiac being killed and surviving is shown in the NP?8. Can the Hypo copy Paranoiac's ability to survive the first NK attempt / lynch?

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. The CL can add one sentence of their writing to the NP or DP. They can't delete things, though.
5. No.
6. The actions are shown, but not the fact that they were redirected.
7. Yes.
8. No.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#117 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

@Kika - :thanks:  

My understanding is that the NK carrier can be blocked/trapped and thus stop the NK.

I have no incentive to live past today. I doubt that I will get released, so what wincon do I have to work toward? I'm not too motivated either way.

@OT - :huh: NK carrier cannot be blocked/trapped. It's a group kill. In the host's words (carried from signups by plas): "NK cannot be affected by any actions except save." Repeated on page 5: http://brainden.com/...mafia/?p=339578

I thought we've been over this after N1 where you weren't certain how many kill the baddies have.

And if you truly believed NK could be stopped by targeting a NK carrier - your vote would have been on Flame, right?

I just re-read the OP to see if there's a role secretly wanting to be lynched, but there isn't, so I really don't know what you want - to get lynched?

Way too many inactives to be certain of anything in this game. :dry:

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#118 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

1. FreeOwn
4. araver - voting for mtamburini
5. Marksmanjay
11. mtamburini

DEAD:

No clue = safe bet.

Summer of 2014:

Almost random quotes:

#119 mtamburini

mtamburini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

I feel your pain I help the sane find a baddie and all they have to do is lynch one more baddy to win.  YOUD THINK I WOULD GET RELEASED FOR THAT RIGHT>!>!?!!

#120 mtamburini

mtamburini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

1. FreeOwn
4. araver - voting for mtamburini
5. Marksmanjay
11. mtamburini - voting for onetruth

DEAD:

No clue = safe bet.

Im never getting lynched this game, I called out a baddie D1 so nice try araver. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users