Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia x Mafia

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#71 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Again, my vote is on Flame b/c he targeted Phil N2. Either Phil saved himself (in which case he is Nefer and Flame is AQ) or not (in which case Flame is either Nefer or AQ). Either way, Flame needs to go.

I need both Gon and Knuckle on board for this lynch.

Underlining your motives to side with me during this day when a mislynch can be avoided (as it's still 3 vs 1 vs 1):
- Gon has good chances to have my claim validated at the end of the Day. Why lynch me?
- Knuckle already knows that I will have APR +2 at the end of D2 b/c 1 cycle passed (N2+D2) + I voted willingly. So I will be dead at the end of D3 anyway when I get APR +1 again. That is if I don't act N3 (and I won't since I have nothing else to find). Why lynch me?

To make it clear I'm gonna re-ask the host so that there's no misunderstanding:
1. Since I was APR-ed N2 and voted D2, will I get APR +2 at the end of D2?
2. If I act during N3 will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of N3?
3. If I don't act during N3 and even if I don't vote during D3, will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of D3?

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#72 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

And how do we know that you aren't Nefer? If you were, you knew Nana's role, you could claim her role, then tell everyone she was the block. Then you could frame me for claiming that role. Yes, there would be no reason for Nefer to save Phil... unless you were delibrately trying to throw everyone else off. It was a gamble, but I bet you were willing to take it. The chances of the AQ targeting you was slim, because s/he would've wanted to keep the pressure on me. I think that Araver is Nefer. by declaring yourself as an enemy of me, the AQ let you live.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#73 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

And how do we know that you aren't Nefer? If you were, you knew Nana's role, you could claim her role, then tell everyone she was the block. Then you could frame me for claiming that role. Yes, there would be no reason for Nefer to save Phil... unless you were delibrately trying to throw everyone else off. It was a gamble, but I bet you were willing to take it. The chances of the AQ targeting you was slim, because s/he would've wanted to keep the pressure on me. I think that Araver is Nefer. by declaring yourself as an enemy of me, the AQ let you live.

You can't know. The others can reason it though. Who would gamble (with a save in hand while someone has a kill) to NOT save self? And if inclined to gamble, what are the chances to pick ANOTHER player out of 4 options, the exact one targeted for the kill?

Btw, maybe it was too subtle, but by declaring myself enemy of you during the night I was trying to protect us both from the kill on the chance the AQ left us to quarrel for the next lynch. Whilst I investigated you. Which I did. And came back to vote with a certainty this time ;)

Here's my proposal: If you publicly claim AQ, we can turn the lynch to your target the night before (Phil). This way, you don't die today, Nefer does not pass GO and doesn't get a RID kill.

You do understand that even if I'm lynched, once it's obvious I was telling the truth, no matter what the AQ does, Nefer will save self the next night and join the remaining goodies in voting you off tomorrow. You cannot win.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#74 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

I'm not AQ. Just sayin'. Why would Nefer ally with us anyways? The only way an alliance between goodie and indy or goodie and baddie could end is with a goodie win, which would not be great for indy/baddie.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#75 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

To make it clear I'm gonna re-ask the host so that there's no misunderstanding:

1. Since I was APR-ed N2 and voted D2, will I get APR +2 at the end of D2?
2. If I act during N3 will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of N3?
3. If I don't act during N3 and even if I don't vote during D3, will I get APR +1=3, hence die at the end of D3?

1) Yes.

2) Yes, unless Knuckle removes the APR or dies.

3) Yes.

About 6 more hours left in the Day.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#76 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

@araver, if phil/plas is Nana's possible killer, why shouldn't we turn the lynch on Phil?

That's the part I'm missing. You're starting to convince me, and I had Phil tentatively as Nefer.

I will join the lynch, either way - Flame or Phil, but I'm inclined at the moment towards Phil, who should be talking.

But I'll let you make the call.

Still suffering from newbie fog, with all the possible mimicking, etc., that can be playing out here.

Aside: What is "RID"?

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#77 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Bringing around current roster:

Chairman:  Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - DEAD [Killua] lynched
3) Flamebirde - voting for araver
4) bonanova- voting for araver 
5) GMaster479 - voting for araver
6) Araver {APR 1} - voting for Flame
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

Less than 2 hours left in the Day.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#78 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:54 AM

@araver, at this point if I vote Flame, it will lynch him, but us also.

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#79 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Day 2

The flames of the villagers’ torches flickered in the dusty twilight as they gathered around Araver, who was affixed to a giant wooden stake surrounded by dry twigs and hay.

“No!” he cried, “You must listen to me, I have seen it, seen it all…”

But his pleas fell on deaf ears.  One of villagers tossed his torch into the pyre, setting the whole thing aflame.

“Don’t, this is madness, madness!” Araver’s voice choked up with the smoke rising from the fire.  “Madness, please, madness...hahahaha...I know, I see...the grand plan...it’s clear…” his voiced cracked as the fumes traveled into his brain.  “Hahahahaha….ahhhhhhhhhh!”

The villagers watched silently as the flames consumed him, body and mind.

Chairman:  Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - DEAD [Killua] lynched
3) Flamebirde
4) bonanova
5) GMaster479 

6) Araver  - DEAD [Palm] lynched
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

Night 3 starts now, ends 9PM CST tomorrow 7/21!

#80 Gmaster479

Gmaster479

I'm a G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2165 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:36 AM

Yay we...wait darn. I think we are done for.

MM4sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users