Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia x Mafia

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5885 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Roster:
1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - voting for Araver
3) Flamebirde - voting for Araver
4) bonanova {APR 0} - voting for GMaster
5) GMaster479
6) Araver - voting for Framm
7) Nana77 - DEAD [?] killed by Ant Queen

What a shame Nana learned who owns the fish, but can't share the info with us.

Random vote for GMaster.

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#22 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I am with Araver at the moment, I think I would rather find Nefer today than the ant queen as she is more of a threat N1. If I read roles correctly Ant Queen's powers grow through the nights so we need her gone soon as well.

Change my vote to Phil please.

Spoiler for Haikus

#23 Framm 18

Framm 18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I am going to be gone pretty much all day as a heads up.

Spoiler for Haikus

#24 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

EDIT: dammit, didn't see page 3.

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - voting for Phil
3) Flamebirde - voting for Gmaster
4) bonanova {APR 0} - voting for GMaster
5) GMaster479

I'd prefer to get everyone to talk; next vote is Phil. Also, doesn't Bonanova have more APR?

Edited by flamebirde, 17 July 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#25 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

Chairman:  Yoruichi-san

Roster:

1) Phil1882
2) Framm18 - voting for Phil
3) Flamebirde - voting for Gmaster
4) bonanova {APR 1} - voting for GMaster
5) GMaster479

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#26 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5885 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

here, and ready. it may take me a couple of days to post, my birthday is tomorrow, and my mother is going to Minnesota soon, so i have some personal stuff to take care of, but i should post within 3 days.

wonder if that means today or tomorrow.

Agree with going after Nef as a priority. How do we identify her?

Anyone know what means the [question mark] after Nana's death?

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#27 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

here, and ready. it may take me a couple of days to post, my birthday is tomorrow, and my mother is going to Minnesota soon, so i have some personal stuff to take care of, but i should post within 3 days.

wonder if that means today or tomorrow.

Agree with going after Nef as a priority. How do we identify her?
Anyone know what means the [question mark] after Nana's death?

The question mark means role unknown. As opposed to the role shown when someone is publicly lynched.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#28 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

I really hate how these tie rules work, so I'm not making a tie unless someone inactive votes until I go to bed (day ends around 6AM my time).

@Framm - I don't see Ant Queen's powers growing. She does get IDs from people she kill. I'm leaning on Neferpitou b/c she also gets info from people killed by Ant Queen + she has a simpler wincon (only 3 dead as opposed to 5) + she gets extra RID Kill if Ant Queen is lynched (Ant Queen can't die otherwise without a redirect in the game. EDIT: except by APR). Chances are Nefer can win faster than AQ and faster if AQ is dead.

What I find interesting so far (mid D1):
- Bonanova voting, although that costs him APR and may lead to an early demise unless he is APR-master ;)
- GM was blocked, so definitely not AQ and not Shoot since he cannot trap himself and not Knuckle since APR exists. So, from a goodies' PoV he could be 1 of 3 other roles. 2 of which are goodie roles. Statistically it's improbable for him to be Nefer. Moreover there is no spy-type that would definitely know him to be Nefer (before D1 ends / after being blocked N1) and push for his lynch (under a randomness pretense). So, I could see Ant Queen or Nefer throwing him under the bus, but not a goodie. And not 2 goodies = 2 votes.

@Bonanova - I don't think anyone of us has a clean way of identifying Nefer before D1 ends: even if Gon made a successful RPS it won't be successful until after Day post and even if Palm followed Nefer N1 and saw someone (probably) acting on self, it still wouldn't be distinguishable from Killua or even Knuckle acting on self.

With no deterministic way ... we're down to basic mind streching in the dark. Right now, I would rather vote one of Phil, Flame and Framm. Preferably an inactive. Or Flame.

Unrelated, I see no way goodies could orchestrate a tie to get both AQ and Nefer in one day, even at the expense of a goodie. But it would be so cool, cooler than ... I forgot what I held as the coolest moment so far. Anyway, just rambling out loud.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#29 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

why me? What have I done that is suspicious?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#30 Framm 18

Framm 18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Misread Ant queen powers. Sorry. :blush:

Spoiler for Haikus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users