Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia x Mafia Sign-ups

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

i could probably use a mentor. i have a general gist how to play, but am still a little unclear.

for example, to we kill a person based on majority vote or unanimous? if majority, what happens if there is a tie?

and in this mafia there are only 5 good guys. so its gonna be pretty tough it seems to identify him before he eliminates them, unless when you get down to just one good guy, he can kill the bad guy himself.

Good questions!  The answers to those are actually sometimes different for different hosts.  I usually add a 'Host Rules' section in the rules, this time I forgot, sorry :blush: ...but it'll definitely be in the game thread.

The answers in this case are:

1) Lynches are by plurality vote

2) (This is my personal rule ;P) I hate ties so if there's a tie, everyone in the tie dies and the last player who added, removed, or changed their vote also dies.

Anyways, game thread will be up within the hour ^_^.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#22 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:55 AM

Lynch is majority, and ties are usually a coin flip though it varies game to game. Ties on day 1 might mean nobody is lynched, so have to ask the host each game if the op does not say.

Goodies find baddies by trying to "read" others to see who sounds like a goodie and who does not.

Also need to ask what happens in a 1 vs 1 situation. Sometimes it is coinflip, sometimes the baddies always win 1 vs 1, sometimes it is a tie.

I can mentor if Plas plays.

#23 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

I could mentor. Just include me when you PM the role.

For the questions you mentioned, the lynch votes during the day phases generally just require a plurality: whoever has the most votes gets lynched -- killed with their role publicly revealed. While there are only 5 goodies and 2 non-goodies, some of those goodies have abilities that can give them information to identify other players as definite or probable baddies. And there's a sort of intangible aspect to the game of figuring out who seems to be acting weird and likely baddie based more on reading someone as if they were playing poker rather than pure logic. And of course, there's a reasonable chance that even if the goodies have no idea what they're doing they might lynch the baddie or indy with pure random luck.

#24 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

lol @ everyone answering at once

#25 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

Plas can mentor. :)

#26 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

I demand a replay! I would have liked to play this one!

#27 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Lol...well the expanded version might be coming out sometime this fall or winter ;).  Also don't forget to keep an eye out for JLU2, now with 50% more awesome :D.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users