Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Cryptic Book

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izengard

Izengard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

This is a puzzle for an online gaming community (mmorpg) by the name of tibia. This game has a rich 10 year history and up to date noone has ever came forward with an answer to a cryptic book entry in the royal castle.
The book reads as such....

Asmalat ovrir gogenol amabat hulut a sese sokol. Gogenol faresmal a sese ican.

I am an explorer in the game and often times have to find my way through puzzles, but this particular 1 has stumped us all. I assume it might be an anagram. If anyone has any ideas or friendly suggestions I would be most honored to hear them, thank you kindly in advance.

I discovered only the last three words: "a sese ican" is "as i can see". So, are the orders of the letters that matter. Remember, this is a medieval game and i don't know the aswer.

#2 DeGe

DeGe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

For starters:

the second and third words seem to suggest "google batman"... last word of first line could be "looks".

similarly, the second line suggests to "google" something...

can you send a screen shot of where and how this phrase is written. That might contain more clues...

The idea here would be to google some keywords and find the answer to your puzzle.

#3 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1411 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

I don't think Google is involved, at least not for the second one. If you take out the letters for "Google" and "as far as I can see", the only letters left are NEML.

Maybe "On golem leg as far as I can see" for the second one?
Doesn't make too much sense to me, but I have no idea what's going on in the game and if there are any giant golems that need to be searched. (Maybe this is a Final Fantasy theme and there are moogles around?)

#4 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

ovrir is Old French for open

amabat is latin for loved (as in he loved)

sese is latin for self(him/her/their/itself)

sokol is Slavic for falcon

#5 wolfgang

wolfgang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

I think that " amabat hulut a sese sokol " means ( the basic sound of pure water ).

#6 the_count

the_count

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

gogenol appears in whole at two places, so it might be a single phrase. One of its anagrams is "log gone" this puzzle deals with a kind of game log or book so who knows

Edited by the_count, 09 August 2014 - 09:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users