Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

(Game Thread) NBM

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#31 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Is the kill blocking? (i.e. does it block the action of the victim during the night that they're killed)
Does Jack's redirect appear in the night post if it's used?

To make this game new player friendly i will simply be running thew the actions in this order 
Block>Redirect>Save>Kidnap>Kill>Find target

(so ooa for those that know this)

Redirects will not be shown.

Edited by Magic_luver101, 26 June 2014 - 05:04 AM.

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#32 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:24 AM

I'm going to re-read the guide for newbies.

This is a much richer game than what I first saw it to be.

Plasmid's analysis suggests to me there will be a quick solve, except I'm not sure yet how complex the redirect action makes the whole process.

Thanks to the mod for giving us extra time this first day and for the colorful commentary.

Eeeew, Phil, that must have been horrible.

1. Flamebirde - Kidnapped
  2. BMAD
  3. phil1882 - DEAD
  4. bonanova - voting for plasmid
  5. Kikacat123
  6. plasmid  - voting for Framm
  7. Framm18 - Voting for Plasmid

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#33 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

I agree with Plas.

Ignoring the potential redirect this is what I have...

I honestly don't think that Flamebirde can be anyone other than Indy, granted he could be the subject of being framed, but unlikely in my opinion. Especially with that type of wincon for Lock...

Kika is most definitely good.

Bonanova, is tricky but I also think is good, but needs to discuss.

Phil is dead and eliminated from being Baddie or Indy.

BMAD, Plas, and I are obviously unknowns, and honestly that can probably be figured out by tomorrow.

Spoiler for Haikus

#34 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

If you think Flamebirde is very likely indy, the order of actions has both block and redirect trumping kidnap.

I've made a role narrowing by claiming that I submitted an action on night 1... if you look at the roles' abilities, that would make sense with only three of the five goodie roles. I'd rather not rule myself in or out as being the redirect since both the indy and the baddie would like to see the redirect dead (the indy because it's part of their wincon, and the baddie because if the redirect is known to be dead then the goodies know they can't kill the baddie until after they've killed the indy) and the goodies should definitely try to avoid that scenario. So if you want me to say any more to get the votes off, let me know what I could say that wouldn't give away too much.

#35 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Bonanova, is tricky but I also think is good, but needs to discuss.

BMAD, Plas, and I are obviously unknowns, and honestly that can probably be figured out by tomorrow.

I don't doubt it will be figured out by tomorrow, but not by me.

I'm learning from you guys how to draw inferences.

Having few players obviously helps, but I would not have gotten as far as I have read on my own.

And btw I hope there are follow-on games.

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#36 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5918 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

So if you want me to say any more to get the votes off, let me know what I could say that wouldn't give away too much.

The newbie guide does not say explicitly, but it seems implied, that a vote can be changed.

I will make that assumption, and on the basis of discussion change my vote to BMAD.

1. Flamebirde - Kidnapped
  2. BMAD
  3. phil1882 - DEAD
  4. bonanova - voting for BMAD
  5. Kikacat123
  6. plasmid  - voting for Framm
  7. Framm18 - Voting for Plasmid

If this is not permitted, then, simply ignore the changed vote. :blush:

- Bertrand Russell

#37 Magic_luver101

Magic_luver101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

nah your good. the rule tends to be unless explicitly stated you can change your vote. 

I'm dyslexic.

Live. Laugh. Love.

#38 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1350 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

If you reread the thread (pg. 2) then certain people can only be certain roles, and unless I have missed something Jack is either dead or didn't act. Granted this is again assuming (only real thing I have to go on at the moment) certain common actions went through the way they normally do.

I don't want to out anybody, but BMAD or Plas have the highest chance of being bad in my opinion. But I also would prefer to get Lock out of the way today if at all possible and I don't think we can.

A way that I tend to try and play the game is kind of create a sort of logic grid to sort out the players. It isn't foolproof but it does help to narrow down certain roles.

Spoiler for Haikus

#39 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

I asked Magic if the redirect shows up in the night post if it's used, and they said it doesn't. So I don't think we can conclude that Jack is dead or inactive.

I'm also not entirely convinced that Flamebirde is indy. It's almost equally plausible that a new player is the indy and wouldn't even have thought of self trapping and was just acting randomly, or that an experienced player is indy and trapped Flamebirde in an effort to frame him by arguing that it would be a natural indy strategy to trap himself since his wincon is to outlive other players. But (so people who don't know who the regular mafia players are can be on the same page) Flamebirde is certainly experienced enough that it's very believable that he figured that self-trapping would be the best strategy as the indy.

How does Zero's ability work?
Does he get told "The baddie NK target on the previous night was [role that got killed]"?
Or does he say "Tell me who [player] targeted" and then get told "[Player] targeted [other player] in one of the previous nights"? And can Zero submit an action on night 1 and learn who a player acted on during night 1?

Edit: changed "I don't think we can say if Jack is dead or inactive" to "I don't think we can conclude that Jack is dead or inactive."

Edited by plasmid, 26 June 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#40 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

My analysis:
Flamebirde must be indy or goodie other than zero. Either way, he is no threat (or could even be on the goodie side).
BMAD is unknown.
Phil1882 is not baddie, of course, and not Indy either. He could be zero, just speculation.
Bonanova is also unknown.
Since I was blocked, I cannot be anything but Mayor or Sally or zero.
Plasmid is unknown, but I doubt he is Indy.
Framm18 is unknown, but he may be the baddie.
I have no hard evidence yet, but I think I'll have to go with BMAD as my vote. If you are a goodie, I sincerely apologize.
Could someone put my vote on BMAD, please?
(From my iPhone)
Edit: fixing typos

Edited by Kikacat123, 26 June 2014 - 05:31 PM.

"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users