Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Farewell to SuperPrismatic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

With great sadness in my heart I have learnt that SuperPrismatic, our well-respected forum moderator, has died suddenly on March 25th 2014 at the age of 69. It was a heart attack without any previous medical problems.

Michael (whom we knew as SuperPrismatic) left a wife and 5 children. He joined BrainDen Brain Teaser Forums 6 years ago and his genius was apparent from the very beginning. However, he was not only brilliant but also very respectful which is also why I offered him to be The Moderator here. It was an honor for me that he accepted my offer and that he contributed to this website so much.

SP's daughter wrote us that SP enjoyed this BrainDen website and SP wouldn't want to abandon this place without saying Farewell. And that's why let me use this thread to:
1. thank SP for all the great discussions, all the posts where he helped others and all the time he spent here with us
2. share my sincere condolences with SP's family

Please join me in this Last Farewell to SP.

Thanks.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#2 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

very sorry to hear he has passed.

cha bhithidh a leithid ami riamh.

#3 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6148 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go to Michael's family in this time of great loss. SP was both a genius and a gentleman here at BrainDen. His insight and thoughtful manner graced our community almost from its inception. His passing reminds us to embrace and treasure life, and his example helps us see how to live it. Michael will be greatly missed.

Vidi vici veni.

#4 SuperPrismaticsDaughter

SuperPrismaticsDaughter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Thank you for your kind words about my father.  He really enjoyed playing on this website.  He was always interested in puzzles and spent his career as a mathematician/crypt-analyst working on some of the most important puzzles in the world.  He was the kind of man who did the NY Times Crossword puzzle in pen.  We, his family, are all very close and miss him so much.

#5 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1373 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

My condolences and prayers go out to him and his family. Rest in Peace.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#6 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

Wow, I'm not very good with eulogies and I didn't know SP as well as I would have liked, but I think I can sum up my view of him with one word:

He was the kind of man who did the NY Times Crossword puzzle in pen. 

Respect. ;)

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users