BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

There are two wealthy old ladies living in a house, 45 miles out of town. They have a rather large house. No one lives with them, no animals or people. There is a thunderstorm, and the house is not visibly damaged. Two weeks after the storm, someone from town decides to check on them, but finds them dead in the house. The questions are: Where is each lady in the house? (They are both inside.) And What was the cause of death for each them?

19 answers to this question

It is possible that she was also hooked up to some sort of plugged-in life-support machine, but I don't know how they would have taken care of each other if they lived alone and were both on life support systems.

I would think laying right next to the bed with the other person in it. It would be exhausting giving CPR for 2 weeks!

But a while after she dies, it is time to give up CPR. No one would give CPR for two weeks. After the respirator went out, I would try CPR, but after an hour or less I'd give up. It doesn't make any sense to give CPR for two weeks.

There are two wealthy old ladies living in a house, 45 miles out of town. They have a rather large house. No one lives with them, no animals or people. There is a thunderstorm, and the house is not visibly damaged. Two weeks after the storm, someone from town decides to check on them, but finds them dead in the house. The questions are: Where is each lady in the house? (They are both inside.) And What was the cause of death for each them?

The other old lady got a "shock" from seeing the first old lady dead. ;)

Why mention 45 miles outside of town if it's not useful? The 2nd lady has digestive problems which cause her to be constipated. She ran out of medicine, but her dead friend was the one who made the call to have it brought it usually. Without medicine, she developed a 12 lb. turd that caused her such great stress in trying to drop, she died on the crapper.

Why mention 45 miles outside of town if it's not useful? The 2nd lady has digestive problems which cause her to be constipated. She ran out of medicine, but her dead friend was the one who made the call to have it brought it usually. Without medicine, she developed a 12 lb. turd that caused her such great stress in trying to drop, she died on the crapper.

lol you remind me of south park.

But she could have called in herself, or gone to the store herself in the two weeks. But it mentions two weeks, I can't help but think that has something to do with it too.

Yeah yeah, I'm not fat, just big boned :-P

Well over the course of two weeks a lot of things can happen (including horrible constipation), including running out of food/medicine. Maybe 2nd lady to die was blind and the first to die was responsible for calling in things like grocery runs/medicine stuff. Or house could have had elevator and when power went out, elevator was in between floors and she was stuck in there having to listen to Michael Bolton elevator music for 2 weeks. That would kill me in 2 hours assuming I didn't slash myself with my own fingernail :)

I'm sure 2 old women living in such a secluded home could find an infinite amount of ways to die. And just about every place inside a house is perfectly possible for such an unfortunate yet 'bound to happen' event, storm or not.

I'm confused. I mean the first answer fits all right, but couldn't there be numerous ways for the second lady to die? Whatif she

-killed herself because her dear friend left her. Could use strangling, poison, tons of suicidal options. money doesn't make you stable!

-died of old age

-had a heart attck/stroke/other fatal breakdown

-drowned in her pool

-fell

-choked

All of these methods, and more, only require one person... Can you give us some pirameters/hints?

But a while after she dies, it is time to give up CPR. No one would give CPR for two weeks. After the respirator went out, I would try CPR, but after an hour or less I'd give up. It doesn't make any sense to give CPR for two weeks.

I agree that two weeks is far two long to give CPR (not to mention how physically impossible it would be to keep it up as it is very exhausting) an hour or less when in a remote location isn’t much better either. CPR is supposed to supply the body with blood and oxygen for a period of time. CPR usually only restores a pulse to people who have just passed out from suffocation. While giving CPR to some one who had a heart attack all you are doing is keeping the tissue and brain alive long enough for them to be Defibrillated allowing the heart to return to a regular beat. So, CPR should really only be preformed if there is a possibility for defibrillation, or there is suspicion of choking.

Just a little CPR fact :P