BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Not the Whole Story

Kikacat123

Question

You've probably heard these types of riddles: someone says a shortened version of a story that sounds odd, then the others guess about the details using only yes/no questions until they learn the whole story. Whoever guesses it correctly says the next short story. If you hear a well-known story that you know the answer to, please allow others who don't know it to guess.

Here's a starter:

The man was afraid to go home because the masked man was there.

16 answers to this question

I know this one is pretty common, so I could do another if everyone knows it already. Anyone want to answer?

Note: addition to rules above. The writer of the story can answer questions by saying "Yes," "No," or "That is irrelevant to the story." i.e., "Does the masked man have red hair?"

Are you doing spontaneous French?

Perhaps... :D

I'm just going to ask questions that I would ask if I didn't know the answer. Well, actually, I'd probably ask a question that would get me the answer almost instantly, but hey - who cares?

Are they both literal men, rather than metaphors for something completely different? (Because I know how much riddlers love their metaphors...)

Edit: Typos galore!

Edited by kestrelknight

You've probably heard these types of riddles: someone says a shortened version of a story that sounds odd, then the others guess about the details using only yes/no questions until they learn the whole story. Whoever guesses it correctly says the next short story. If you hear a well-known story that you know the answer to, please allow others who don't know it to guess.

Here's a starter:

The man was afraid to go home because the masked man was there.

it's a baseball game...guy rounding third towards home plate (where the catcher was waiting for him)...or some variation of that?