Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Posts and Titles

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have been poking around this forum for some answers to my questions, but I cannot find them.
1. What is the system for the number of things you post before advancing in a title? (Newbie, advanced, superior, etc.)
2. How many titles are there?
3. How are VIPs granted their title?
4. Where do "stars" come in on all this?
5. Do stars go 1-5 or only 1-4 or what?
Please help me make sense of this system.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#2 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

1. 0-19 Newbie, 20-99 Junior,100-499 Advanced, 500+ Senior.

2. Those four plus VIP, Moderator, and Admin. (I think that's it)

3. VIPs I cannot recall too much about. I think they are only comprised of people who joined up before a certain date. (not sure)

4/5. Stars are the members rating, similar to movie, hotel or restaurant ratings. You can rate other members on their profile page. The stars shown is their average rating.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#3 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks, Omega. Does anyone else know about VIPs?
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#4 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4737 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

hey Kikacat - will try to add what i can.  hunted for the info myself and could not find the page that i think explained the member titles. etc and was originally linked to from the "Important:  Read Before Posting" page.  Even that page was not too easy to find (had to click the register link as a guest - maybe there's an easier route).

1.  think OmegaScales has this one.  will add that after 1000 posts a dialogue box on your settings page allows you to select your own member title

2.  again as OS said, those four and your own after 1000 posts.  The title under your avatar is the group title and those for right now are Members, VIP, Moderator, and Admin. 

3.  rookie1ja chooses when/if new VIPs.  last time around he consulted with the moderators but it's up to him.

4. & 5.  the stars below the avatars on posts (1-4) i believe correspond to the Newbie, Junior, Advanced, Senior and above.  There is also a rating system on each members profile page of 1-5 stars which is not widely used.

#5 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

hey Kikacat - will try to add what i can.  hunted for the info myself and could not find the page that i think explained the member titles. etc and was originally linked to from the "Important:  Read Before Posting" page.  Even that page was not too easy to find (had to click the register link as a guest - maybe there's an easier route).

1.  think OmegaScales has this one.  will add that after 1000 posts a dialogue box on your settings page allows you to select your own member title

2.  again as OS said, those four and your own after 1000 posts.  The title under your avatar is the group title and those for right now are Members, VIP, Moderator, and Admin. 

3.  rookie1ja chooses when/if new VIPs.  last time around he consulted with the moderators but it's up to him.

4. & 5.  the stars below the avatars on posts (1-4) i believe correspond to the Newbie, Junior, Advanced, Senior and above.  There is also a rating system on each members profile page of 1-5 stars which is not widely used.

That's correct  ;)

Let me know if you want to know further details or if you have any suggestions to improve anything. 

Spoiler for forum rules

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#6 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:03 AM