BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

"scientific" theory

phil1882

if the admin wants to delete this post, i would fully understand. kinda just needed to get this stuff off my chest.

my general problem with the current state of physics:

my problem with Einstein:

so let me state Einsteins big idea, and then i intend to go into what needs to be done.

the laws of physics are the same of any inertial frame of reference, and the speed of light is constant for any frame of reference.

now. as far as I'm aware the statement itself has never been tested or verified. we've verified certain aspects of the conclusions this statement leads to, such as time dilatation, and light not being able to be pushed faster in a vacuum via electrical energy; but we haven't tested the statement itself. that is we haven't done the following. accelerate a light detector to a significant fraction of the speed of light, and fire a light beam parallel to it. in order for the theory itself to be true, this test needs to be done. if valid, the light detector even if it's going 60% of the speed of light say, will see the light beam going precisely the speed of light itself, no slower.

if anyone has heard of this test being done, i would very much appreciate a link to the website that details the results.

my problem with newton:

again I'll state newtons big idea, and what needs to be done.

all matter forcefully pulls on all other matter, and this is the cause of the matter acceleration effect.

now, it clear more massive objects weigh more. but according to newtons theory, all matter falls at the same rate, because gravity pulls different matter at different rates precisely proportional to its mass. that is a 5 pound ball has a small gravitational pull, and a 1000 pound ball has large gravitational pull so they fall at the same rate of acceleration, well this seems fairly testable to me. first get a rock and a spring. preferably a fairly elastic one. also a motor will be necessary. use the motor to accelerate the rock attached to the spring at the rate of g. note the spring oscillation. then drop the same rock spring contraption, once again noting any oscillation. if free fall really does require force, than the spring should not oscillate, or at least do so very minimally during free fall, same as with the motor.

again if anyone has heard of this experiment being done, i would appreciate links to the website that detail the result.

Edited by phil1882

• 2 weeks later...