Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trianglia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

Trianglia is a jacked-up island where no road has a dead end, and all the crossroads are "Y" shaped. The young prince of Trianglia mounts his horse, and is about to go on a quest to explore the land of Trianglia.

He gets to the road by his palace, when the mother queen comes out and shouts: "But Charles, how will you find your way back?". "Don't worry Elizabeth", the prince replies, "I will turn right in every second crossroad to which I arrive, and left otherwise. Thus I shall surely return to the palace sooner or later."

Is the prince right?

#2 DeGe

DeGe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Spoiler for I think

Edited by DeGe, 08 August 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#3 gavinksong

gavinksong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Spoiler for I think

Spoiler for flaw

Edited by gavinksong, 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#4 DeGe

DeGe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Spoiler for flaw

I assumed that the prince uses this technique to get home from anywhere on the island and not necessarily for getting to that place.

#5 Anza Power

Anza Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Spoiler for trick proof

#6 Anza Power

Anza Power

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

In case the above proof seems fishy to you:
Spoiler for

#7 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Trianglia is a jacked-up island where no road has a dead end, and all the crossroads are "Y" shaped. The young prince of Trianglia mounts his horse, and is about to go on a quest to explore the land of Trianglia.

He gets to the road by his palace, when the mother queen comes out and shouts: "But Charles, how will you find your way back?". "Don't worry Elizabeth", the prince replies, "I will turn right in every second crossroad to which I arrive, and left otherwise. Thus I shall surely return to the palace sooner or later."

Is the prince right?

I can't help but mention how strange it is that he calls his mother by her first name... :)

#8 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

different cultures, different mores :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users