Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 StAnArchic

StAnArchic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

This is a really old one..

House A owns a cockerel. However, it leaps over the fence and lays its eggs in the garden of House B. Now, House B has some eggs that came from House A's cockerel. So, who keeps the eggs?

#2 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

House A owns a cockerel. However, it leaps over the fence and lays its eggs in the garden of House B. Now, House B has some eggs that came from House A's cockerel. So, who keeps the eggs?

I think this is already posted.
Spoiler for anyway

Edited by grey cells, 29 March 2008 - 08:17 AM.

#3 StAnArchic

StAnArchic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

I think this is already posted.

Spoiler for anyway

I wouldn't know. I joined yesterday, so...

Spoiler for right

#4 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

I wouldn't know. I joined yesterday, so...

Spoiler for right

Ok , StAnArchic. Welcome to the den(favourite line for welcoming new members ;) )
From now onwards if you are doubtful of any puzzle being posted already , use the search engine.
And anyway , not sure this puzzle is already posted on this forum. :)

Edited by grey cells, 29 March 2008 - 08:21 AM.

#5 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:29 AM

Spoiler for well

#6 StAnArchic

StAnArchic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

Spoiler for well

It's a trick question. Kind of like the old "Where do they bury the survivors?" thing. It isn't meant to be answered properly.

#7 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

Spoiler for well

Spoiler for Hey

Edited by grey cells, 29 March 2008 - 08:38 AM.

#8 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:39 AM

Spoiler for well

I agree with Noct. The OP clearly states that the cockerel lays eggs. Whether it can by definition or not is irrelevant to the answer which is that the neighbors will have to make an agreement (friendly or formal) and follow whatever they decide. Maybe it's a hermaphrodite? :o

#9 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

I agree with Noct. The OP clearly states that the cockerel lays eggs. Whether it can by definition or not is irrelevant to the answer which is that the neighbors will have to make an agreement (friendly or formal) and follow whatever they decide. Maybe it's a hermaphrodite? :o

Sorry . But I do not agree . Before coming to the question one has to look at the logic.If the logic fails , then there is no question of a question being raised. In this OP the question is merely a distraction and distractions are part and parcel of any puzzle. :mellow:

#10 StAnArchic

StAnArchic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:47 AM

Re-phrase for clarity:

House A owns a cockerel. If it were to leap over the fence and lay eggs in House B's garden, who would keep the eggs?

Make any more sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users