Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafiaception Sign-up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Okay, so this isn’t technically a ‘mafia’...no one dies, no factions. Every player is out for themselves and the game ends when 3 players reach their win conditions. Those 3 are awarded first, second, and third place, respectively.

Spoiler for Rules and roles

I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;).

Host:  Y-san

Roster:

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#2 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Okay, so this isn’t technically a ‘mafia’...no one dies, no factions. Every player is out for themselves and the game ends when 3 players reach their win conditions. Those 3 are awarded first, second, and third place, respectively.

Spoiler for Rules and roles

I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;).

Roster:
1. BMAD

I think I may be the only one who doesn't get these mafia games but I will give it a shot....hopefully I don't die first :)

#3 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Looks fun :D

Roster:
1. BMAD
2. Panther

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#4 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

What happens in the case of a tie in the day vote (As clearly you cannot just kill off the tie-maker like you do in normal Mafias :P)

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#5 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Who says I can't?  >D

(Seriously, though, that's a good question...at this time I'm going to say that since there is an odd prime number of players, a tie means someone is not committing, which I dislike, so no one gets revealed.)

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#6 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Roster:
1. BMAD
2. Panther
3. Araver

Unkillable indy... two of my favorite flavors.
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#7 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

3 short q:
1. is ' counted as a letter? (expecting no)
2. What does switch imply? (mystique) do all rids for role x fail during the switch? EDIT: I wanted to ask if this switch affects correctly ridding mystique? (more to the point I feel it makes it impossible unless mystique is blocked)
3. Rid results are sent to players?

Edited by araver, 10 July 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#8 ShadowAngel7

ShadowAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

Host: Y-san
Roster:
1. BMAD
2. Panther
3. Araver
7. Shad

#9 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3359 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Sorry, something weird happened and apparently I missed this post

3 short q:
1. is ' counted as a letter? (expecting no)
2. What does switch imply? (mystique) do all rids for role x fail during the switch? EDIT: I wanted to ask if this switch affects correctly ridding mystique? (more to the point I feel it makes it impossible unless mystique is blocked)
3. Rid results are sent to players?

1.  No, letters as in letters of the alphabet.

2.  For all actions, the roles appear switched.  The RID guess each player submits is not an action, and is hence unaffected (as well as being unaffected by redirects/nullifiies etc.)

3.  No.  As clarified in 2, the RID guess is not an action, and in all my games, feedback is not given unless otherwise specified.  

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 22 July 2013 - 01:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users