BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Into one box there are 30 balls:12 of them are red,13 balls are made from glass and 14 are transperant.If the red balls are not transperant,but 5 of them are made from glass,then how much from the glass balls are transperant?

16 answers to this question

Into one box there are 30 balls:12 of them are red,13 balls are made from glass and 14 are transperant.If the red balls are not transperant,but 5 of them are made from glass,then how much from the glass balls are transperant?

between 5 and 8. not sure if u are looking for a specific number.

Total=30

Red=12

transparent=14

So 26 balls are accounted for.

5 red balls are made from glass.

Glass balls which are not red=13-5=8

So out of 14 transparent balls , 4 must be glass.

Maybe the remaining 4 are opaque.

Yes . I think Jason81 is correct.

Total=30

Red=12

transparent=14

So 26 balls are accounted for.

5 red balls are made from glass.

Glass balls which are not red=13-5=8

So out of 14 transparent balls , 4 must be glass.

Maybe the remaining 4 are opaque.

Yes . I think Jason81 is correct.

Not sure how you come to say 4 ... the total number of glass balls is 13, and 8 of which are not red -- all or some of them are transparent. I can't see your reasoning to reach @ 4.

Reasoning for my answer of 4:

Since the red balls' composition is given, we need to dismiss them.

30 - 12 = 18

So there are 18 balls left to find the configuration of.

The number of glass balls left that are unaccounted for is 13 - 5 = 8 (5 of the glass balls we know are red).

So there are 8 glass balls and 14 transparent balls.

If we add 8 and 14 we get 22 balls, but we only need 18. So the difference is 4 balls (22 - 18).

--Jason

Not sure how you come to say 4 ... the total number of glass balls is 13, and 8 of which are not red -- all or some of them are transparent. I can't see your reasoning to reach @ 4.

There are 30 balls totally.

12 are red.

14 are transparent and NOT red.

So 26 out of 30 are accounted for.

13 glass balls are present.

5 are red , so they cannot be transparent.

So 8 are remaining.

Now already 26 balls are accounted for , but the glass balls present are 8.

So out of 8 , 4 MUST be transparent.The other 4 as I mentioned before may be opaque or translucent.

The above statement holds the key.

Hope this makes it clearer. :)

Hopefully this makes it even clearer

There are 4 Glass and Transparent balls

post-5125-1206732660_thumbjpg

With help from your diagram, I have to say that there are 8 transparent glass balls. The description sounds like glass balls are either red or transparent. Since only 5 are red, the rest (eight) are transparent.

With help from your diagram, I have to say that there are 8 transparent glass balls. The description sounds like glass balls are either red or transparent. Since only 5 are red, the rest (eight) are transparent.

I already found the flaw in my logic. You're right. I'm wrong. <_<

Ok I got it ... thanx 'jason' and 'grey cells' for the explanation.

Edited by brhan

well 13 - 5 = 8 & 12 - 5 = 6 so there is 8 glass feft and there is 13 + 14 = 27 so there is 3 red balls mad from who knows what and there is 3 red balls left so there must be 3 transparent glass balls

my answer is 3

well 13 - 5 = 8 & 12 - 5 = 6 so there is 8 glass feft and there is 13 + 14 = 27 so there is 3 red balls mad from who knows what and there is 3 red balls left so there must be 3 transparent glass balls

my answer is 3

You are wrong...the answer is definitely 4

my answer is 3

Hi Tink,

Check your math in red above. That may help. Or, look at it this way.

Of 12 red balls, none are transparent; 5 are glass.

Of 18 balls that are not red, there are the other 8 glass and all 14 transparent.

Does that help?