Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Young Justice

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#201 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

Roster:
1. Aaryan - REMOVED [Vandal Savage]
2. Panther - voting for Kingofpain
3. dee_tot - DEAD [Superboy] Lynched
4. Kikacat123voting for Kingofpain
5. Araver - DEAD [?] Killed by
 "The Light"
6. Vommack - voting for Kingofpain
7. Kingofpain - voting for Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde - voting for Kingofpain
9. Minesweeper - DEAD [Red Arrow] Lynched
10. MikeD - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"
11. ShadowAngel7 - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"

EDIT: Dang WIFOM. If impulse is still alive, he wouldn't know whether or not to save the lynchee because of Klarion. What to do, what to do..., Also, are you sure you want to vote for yourself, KOP?

Edited by flamebirde, 21 June 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#202 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Day 4

The newly appointed executioner (where had that other one gone?) led the bagged figure up the steps to the the platform.  

"Ya sure you got the right one this time?" the haggle-toothed lever puller asked, his face set in a look of consternation.

The executioner nodded.  The lever puller shrugged and took his place.

The crowd this time was smaller, and full of uncertain, confused faces.  The booing and jeering was half-hearted, at best.

The prisoner did not resist as the executioner put the noose around his neck and gave the lever puller a thumbs up sign.

The lever puller shrugged again and pulled the lever.  The hatch opened and...

Suddenly a blur wooshed past the scraggly members of the audience, up the platform, and through where the prisoner hung, drawing up a cloud of dust in its wake.  After the dust settled, the coughing crowd was able to discern the figure of the prisoner, standing on the ground, hands unbound.

The now no longer condemned slowly removed his hood...

Kingofpain smiled out at the audience.

Watchtower:  Y-san

Roster:

1. Aaryan - REMOVED [Vandal Savage]
2. Panther
3. dee_tot - DEAD [Superboy] Lynched
4. Kikacat123
5. Araver - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"
6. Vommack
7. Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde
9. Minesweeper - DEAD [Red Arrow] Lynched
10. MikeD - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"

11. ShadowAngel7 - DEAD [?] Killed by "The Light"

Night 5 begins now, ends 9PM CST tomorrow 6/21!

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#203 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Links:

N1: A Savage Beating

D1: Broken Arrow

N2: Bow Down

D2: Vandal-ized 

N3: Catnapped

D3: Boys will be Superboys 

N4: In the Shadow of Greatness

D4: Impulse Buy

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#204 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Well, this is bad.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#205 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Awesome decision, Impulse... Thanks for the save...

@flame: I voted myself because I told you I would vote with the crowd...

#206 vommack

vommack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Well, this is bad.

Only for you, Kika...

#207 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Friggin. WIFOM. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#208 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I have a v-ball game tonight, so the Post will probably be late.

Thank you.

#209 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Night 5

The circle of young heroes cornered Kingofpain, eyeing him warily, various weapons at the ready.

“Guys, c’mon...it’s not what you think...I’m on your side, really...”

Meeooowww,” Teekyl purred, emerging from a cat-sized red breach in the fabric of spacetime.  The familiar languidly brushed up against Kop’s scrawny calves.

The boy frowned, “bad kitty,” then shrugged.  “Oh well, guess the cat’s out of the bag...kekeke...”  He raised a hand, palm side up, and a fissure his own size appeared.  “Time to move on to greener dimensions...”  

“Not so fast,” Flamepulse stepped forward, a electromagnetic field disrupter designed by Nikawing strapped to his back.  He began to race around Koplarion, melding into a red and white blur, and the escape portal began to shimmer and short-circuit.

“MEEEOOOWWW!!!” the infuriated familiar shifted into its were-form, and prepared to leap over the vertically challenged Flamepulse wall.

As it did so, though, its motion halted in mid-air.  It yowled irately as it waved its paws around to no avail.

“Someone needs a time out,” remarked Vomm’gann, eyes glowing, as she held the feline telekinetically.  She shot a quick glance at Panther, who was standing still, hand behind his back.  “Aren’t you going to help?”

Panther nodded.  “Of course...”  He whipped out his hand, revealing a black ring sitting on his index finger.  A beam of blackness shot out from it, in front of Vomm’gann.

“What’s that?” Nikawing asked, eyebrows furrowed.

A smug smile crossed Panther’s face.  “I said I would help...but I didn’t say I would help you.”

The blackness swirled and then began to shape itself into an all too familiar figure...a strapping young lad with two magical whips on his arms.

“Caldur?”  Vomm’gann asked, levitating towards him.  “Is that you?”

But something was wrong...instead of white-hot electricity, his whips were now tendrils of blackness.  His skin was sallow, with a grayish pallor, an ominous black aura enveloped his form, and when he looked up at her, his eyes were blank, emotionless.

“M’gann, wait...” Nikawing tried to warn her, but it was too late.  Suddenly the black whips flung out and caught the (relatively) young martian around the torso and neck, pinning her arms and choking her.

Nikawing dashed forward to help his comrade, but was cut off by another beamof black light.  “Uhn uhn,” Queen P tsked.  “I have different playmate for you.”

This blast took on the form of a female, holding a long bow.  This figure had the same deathly pallor, and the same black aura of wrongness.

“No...it can’t be...” Nikawing shook his head.

Abruptly the black Artemike loosed an arrow at him, which he managed to dodge with an agile back flip...but just barely.

Queen P laughed gleefully.  “This is just too much fun!  Hmm...let’s see who else we can get to join the party.”  She aimed the black ring on the other side of Nikawing and shot another black beam.

The blur that was Flamepulse flashed across the way, deflecting it into the mouth of a dark alleyway, as he went to help Vomm’gann.  

But as her concentration wavered, so did her mental grip on were-Teekyl, who clawed free and pounced on the speedster, catching him off guard and pinning him to the ground.

The now free and clear Koplarion disappeared into the red crack and reappeared from a different one next to Queen P.  “Silly children,” his grin overflowed with mirth.  

The queen shot a sideways glance at his adolescent form.  “Mmm...hmm...”

Not seeming to notice, the Lordling of Chaos stooped over to examine her new accessory.  “Where did you get that, anyways.”

A perplexed expression flitted over her face.  “I...I’m not sure...I...don’t...”

As Queen P was struggling to grasp at the straws of a forgotten memory, Nikawing, who had managed to evade black Artemike for the moment, vaulted up behind her, and prepared to karate-chop her in the neck.

There was a whizzing sound, and then Nikawing grunted and topped over, revealing a bullet hole in her back.  Back-tracking the projectile’s trajectory with their eyes, the remaining members of the Light witnessed a shadowy form of a bald man emerging from the alleyway.

“Well, better late than never,” Queen P remarked, although there a discernable note of a tremor was in her voice.  “Welcome to the party, Lex.”

Shadow Lex’s emotionless face did not change as he lowered the smoking gun to his side.

Kloparion stroked his now back-to-just-being-fat sized cat as he surveyed the scene of fallen heroes.  “‘Looks like our fun here is done.  Now what?”

“How about we celebrate.”  Queen P’s rouge lips curved into an alluring smile.  She tenderly moved a smooth finger under his chin.  “I bet I know a few things even you haven’t seen before...”   

She leaned over and whispered something in the Witch Boy’s ear, and the pair began to move away, into the moonlight, and the dark forms of the undead stared at their retreating figures blankly, unmoving.  It was the Blackest Night, and the Light had won.

After the victors of this battle had disappeared around a corner, the shadowy form of Lex...

...smiled.

Spoiler for Roster and Actions'&#91

Spoiler for N2 Actions

Spoiler for N3 Actions

Spoiler for D3 Actions

Spoiler for N4 Actions

Spoiler for D4 Actions
][/spoiler]

Congrats to "The Light" for pulling off an astonishing victory!  Thanks to everyone for playing and making this game very interesting and enjoyable to host!  

There were a bunch of twists and turns throughout the course of the game...the mafia got lucky taking out the block and both killing roles by Night 2, the innocents got lucky finding Vandal Savage early, and then there was some pretty amusing confusion due to Lex's ability.

A special commendation to ShadowAngel for being a near perfect Lex Luthor...laying low (action wise) at the beginning and gathering info and power rather than fishing for the big action roles (Arrow/Artemis) and drawing attention to herself.  If you'd only survived Night 4, you would have won for sure :).

And a special...uh I'm not sure what :lol: to Kingofpain for somehow making all the right choices at the crucial points in the game, although I'm not sure whether you realized it at the time...you either have ridiculous mafia intuition or ridiculous luck, dude ;P.

To everyone:  you were all great, and a fun crowd to hang with.  I'm looking forward to having you all in future mafias...(I may do JLU2 or another mini-mafia, or maybe even one of my crazy mad mafiatist 'experiments'...I'm thinking this is a good enough crowd to try something a bit more challenging ;) )

Thanks again!

Watchtower Out

#210 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Final links:

N1: A Savage Beating

D1: Broken Arrow

N2: Bow Down

D2: Vandal-ized 

N3: Catnapped

D3: Boys will be Superboys 

N4: In the Shadow of Greatness

D4: Impulse Buy

N5: In Blackest Light

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users