Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Young Justice

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

The sun (of this solar system) was tucking in behind earth’s horizon, casting a white-gold halo around the blue and green tiled curvature.

Watching the mesmerizing scene from a monolithic satellite above the planet’s surface were two somber forms, whose long shadows stretched deep into the room behind them.

After a few minutes, the green-skinned figure turned to his companion.  “Do you really think they are ready for this?”

The black-clad woman was silent for a moment, her soulful blue eyes pensive.  Then she slowly answered, “No, I don’t think they’re ready...but I know they have to be.”  

Young Justice

3078559-7578434003-young.jpg

“Teehee!” squealed the goggled gremlin as he slid down the ramp in the department store, whose jewelry section he had just ‘self-checked out’ of.  He paused in front of a large mirror and taunted his pursuer, “See ya, wouldn’t want to be ya!”

“Not so fast, Mirror Master,” the red clad archer called.  He drew up his bow and launched an adeptly aimed arrow.

As the red fletched arrow flew through the air towards the mirror, suddenly another arrow with dark green fletching overcame it and struck the mirror, shattering it into a multitude of shards.

“Too slow, Speedy,” a blonde braided girl quipped at him.  “What’s wrong, are you getting old?”

“Artemis.”  The male archer turned.  Mirror Master attempted to use the distraction to make his getaway, but without a glance in his direction, the ex-sidekick formerly known as Speedy shot another arrow at him, which exploded into a net in mid-air.  “I told you, it’s Red Arrow now.”  Then he grinned devilishly.  “How’s your sister, by the way?”

“Alright, stop comparing arrow lengths and wrap it up,” a voice came over their comm.  “Connor and M’gann could use your help with Toyman.”

Signing off, Nightwing sighed.  Maybe teaming those two up hadn’t been the best idea...

“Done talking to your girlfriend?” A southern drawl teased him.  “Didn’t your momma teach you it’s not polite to ignore a lady?”

The former circus acrobat just managed to dodge the fairer Terror Twin’s jump kick.  “Well, lady, I was taught not to hit girls, but for you, I’ll make an exception.”

Tuppence smirked.  “I’d like to see you try, boy.”

“You tell ‘em, sis!” called out her not much better half.  Then he turned to his opponent and sneered.  “Why don’t you smile?  You’re on teeeveee,” Tommy jeered as he gestured to a security camera at the end of the alley.

Caldur frowned and opened his fists.  Two bands of magical electricity wound around his arms like eels.  “I will smile when I have apprehended you.”

“Then I guess ya’ll keep on frowning, fish boy...”

On the other side of the city, two others were frowning.  “This is not what I was thinking of when I said we should have a ‘night out’,” Connor muttered as he raised his arms to shield against lasers that emitted from the mouths of a small army of baby dolls.

“Me neither,” M’gann replied.  She phased out her physical form, allowing the laser pulses to pass right through.  She threw a meaningful glance at the dolls.  “But they do say children always get in the way...”

“I was really looking forward to seeing that new movie at the cineplex, you know, with the guy from outer space...”  The half-kryptonian teen rammed his fist into one of the dolls, crushing its head and exposing sparking wires beneath.

“I just really wanted to make dinner for you,” the pretty martian confessed as she lifted two of the dolls telekinetically and smashed them together, “I had a new recipe I was eager to try, ‘chicken speed-ini’ or something Italian...you always said how good I am with Italian dishes...”

“Nooo...my babies!” squealed Toyman.  The small man turned his head around just in time to see Superboy come up and grab him by the collar.

“Thanks,” Connor whispered to Toyman right before punching his lights out.  

On the other side of the country, Impulse was handing a cryogenic container over to hospital officials.

“Thank you so much for bringing this to us,” the surgeon gushed, “now we can perform the heart transplant in time to save that little girl’s life.”

“Crashed I could help,” replied the speedster from the future.  He waved to the men and women in scrubs and dashed off back the way he came.

If I’m on mode, I can make it back in time to join in on the fun, Bart thought as he passed through Wyoming.

Suddenly, he caught something in the corner of his eye, something strange.  He halted and backed up a few miles.

In the distance, he could see the ominous shape of a large building.  I’m pretty sure that wasn’t there when I passed through here ten minutes ago...

“Sir,” the oppressed technician meekly chimed, “there seems to be a problem with the cloaking mechanism.”

“What?” roared Vandal Savage.  His formidable stature loomed over the gaunt man, who winced and cowered further.  “You incompetent fool!”

“My dear,” the slim graceful lady next to him cooed.  “Stop shouting at the poor man.”  She gave the lackey an alluring smile.  “You know, you catch more flies with honey...”

A red bubble formed in front of them, in the middle of which what seemed to be a rift in the fabric of space itself appeared.  Out of it stepped a thin boy with dark hair that stuck up on both sides.  “You silly Earthlings,” he chided, stroking the overfed cat in his arms.  “I told you it’d be easier if we put our HQ in a different dimension.”

“Yes, but I have a country to rule, in this dimension,” Queen Bee responded, lazily twirling a strand of dark hair around her finger.

Savage snarled and turned back to glare at the technician.  “Just get the cloak back,” he commanded, “now!”

A white and red streak flashed into the alley just as Nightwing was giving a final tug to the ropes wrapped around Tommy and Tuppence.

“Sorry, Bart, you’re late to the party,” Dick remarked, then gestured towards the not-so-terrible-anymore twosome.  “We already gave away all the favors.”

But the look on his fleet-footed teammate’s face wiped the smug grin off his.  A look of concern crossed Caldur’s face besides him.  “What’s the matter?”

“Guys,” the speedster stated slowly, as the red light from the security camera blinked above “I think we might have a problem...”

Smiling with satisfaction, Lex Luthor sat back in his comfortable black leather chair as he watched the scene unfold on a high-resolution monitor to his right.  On a monitor to his left, lines of the code that had hacked into the Light's cloaking system were still scrolling across the screen.

The Neanderthal and the children would keep each other busy and out of his hair...well, metaphorically speaking. He shrugged and ran a hand over his smooth head.  

Everything was going according to plan.

Spoiler for Rules and Roles

Watchtower:  Y-san

Roster:

1. Aaryan
2. Panther
3. dee_tot
4. Kikacat123
5. Araver
6. Vommack
7. Kingofpain
8. Flamebirde
9. Minesweeper
10. MikeD
11. ShadowAngel7

Roles will be PMed shortly.  Night 1 starts once all roles are out, will end at 9PM CST tomorrow, 6/13.  Thank you.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#2 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

This might be a silly question, but what are the win cons? I have looked, honest...

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#3 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

This might be a silly question, but what are the win cons? I have looked, honest...

Last faction standing. :)

Lol, sorry...I guess there are a few general things I've taken for granted:

Day and Nights are approx. 24 hours each.

Dead players should not post on the game thread or BTSC threads (there will be a separate ghost thread).

Player with the most votes gets lynched unless otherwise specified.

There is probably other stuff, but if you ever have any questions, please ask.  As I like to say:  there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...lots and lots of stupid answers ;P.

Edit:  Oh yeah, roles are out, so Night 1 has officially started.  Get those actions in and good luck to all!

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 12 June 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#4 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Oh, and I'm hoping this is small/compact enough not to need replacement, but if anyone who is reading this is interested in being a back-up, please PM me or post the in sign-up thread.

Thank you!

#5 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Ready. Let's do this!

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#6 ShadowAngel7

ShadowAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:24 AM

Does this include the Indy?

#7 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

Does this include the Indy?

Yes.

Edit:  Speaking of the indy, two things I forgot to specify in the OP:

Redirects  are under the same restrictions as blocks.  Lex may manipulate the mafia NK if he selects the NK carrier.

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 13 June 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#8 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

The sun (of this solar system) was tucking in behind earth’s horizon

Italics make everything funnier.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#9 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

I'm going to argue that it's teenage boys that make everything funnier ;P.

#10 ShadowAngel7

ShadowAngel7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

The sun (of this solar system) was tucking in behind earth’s horizon

Italics make everything funnier.

I'm going to argue that it's teenage boys that make everything funnier ;P.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive!  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users