BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Young Justice (Mini-Mafia) Sign-ups

Yoruichi-san

So...seeing as how there hasn't been a mafia game here for awhile and in honor of the upcoming Man of Steel movie, I thought I'd scrounge up something small and relatively simple and, of course, new-players are welcome ^_^.

Young Justice

“The Light”

Vandal Savage: A caveman who gained intelligence and immortality by sleeping next to a meteor. He cannot die, but may be removed from a game by a majority vote (in the lynch).

Queen Bee: Dictator of Bialya who possesses powers of persuasion over men. Each Night, can choose a player to target and a player to redirect her target’s ability to. If the target player is a male character, the ability will be redirected, if the target is a female character, the ability will be blocked. May not target the same player two Nights in a row.

Klarion the Witch Boy: A Lord of Chaos, he enjoys petting his cat, playing games, and messing with the time-space continuum. He may switch the player who wins the lynch vote with another if he can ID the roles of both players. (Must be PMed before Day ends, may submit one RID for each player who may win the vote if it is unclear who will lynched. It will not be announced when his ability is used).

The Independent

Lex Luthor: Devious and brilliant, he is a skilled manipulator. He may manipulate the actions of n/2 (rounded up, where n is the Night) players if he can identify their role. Cannot die on the first Night or Day (will appear to have been saved by Superboy/Impulse if his life is endangered on the first Night/Day).

The Don’t-call-them-sidekicks

Aqualad/Kaldur’ahm: A student of Atlantean sorcery and science who served under Aquaman. Each Night he may use his powers to prevent a player from acting. May not target the same player two Nights in a row.

Nightwing/Dick Grayson: Batman’s, um, “assistant” *cough*, he is a skilled detective. Each Night, he may choose one player to learn the role of.

Red Arrow/Roy Harper: Green Arrow’s adopted son, a skilled archer with just a few temper issues. Any Night but not two in a row he may choose one player to target for the kill.

Impulse/Bart Allen: A descendant of the Flash family line. Any Day, but not two in a row, he may choose to save the player who is to be lynched (this will stop the lynch, no one will die).

Superboy/Conner Kent: The genetic offspring of Superman and Lex Luthor. Each Night, may choose one player to protect from death, may not target the same player two Nights in a row.

Miss Martian/M’gann M’orzz: The Martian Manhunter’s niece, she has even greater telepathic abilities. Each Night she may choose a player to read the mind of and find out who they acted on. (If the player was inactive, blocked, or has a Day ability, she will see that they did not act on anyone.)

Artemis: A disciple of Green Arrow’s with a dysfunctional (putting it lightly) family. Cannot be killed as long as Red Arrow is alive (if her life is endangered, she will appear to be saved by Superboy/Impulse). If Red Arrow dies, she will be informed and gain his ability.

General Rules:

The mafia (“The Light”) must choose one player to carry out the Night kill. They may choose not to use the Night kill.

Any player may choose not to use any of their abilities on any Day/Night.

I hate ties, so if there is a tied vote, both players die and the last player who added/removed/changed their vote to make the tie dies.

In my ‘mafia universe’, actions are initiated during the Night/Day, but do not go through until the Night->Day/Day->Night transition, so a player’s action will still go through even if they die.

Blocks prevent players from acting. Redirects can only redirect the target, but cannot prevent a player from acting. The RID manipulate fully controls the action of its target player, i.e. it can make the manipulated player act on the target of its choosing, not act, or use a different action (if the role has a choice of actions).

In the case of loops: manipulate>redirect>block.

You may say anything you want on the game thread, but no reproducing of things from outside the game thread in the game thread (i.e. copying and pasting a PM from me).

I believe it is part of a host’s responsibility to keep the rules as clear as possible, so if there appears to be confusion about a rule, I will attempt to clarify.

Please put any questions to the host in purple so that I may find them easily. Thank you.

I reserve the right to make changes before the game starts ;).

Watchtower: Y-san

Roster:

Okay, we should be able to get 11 players...right? :mellow:

I think it starts out linearly, then becomes a function of how close the game seems to be to actually starting, so, along the lines of:

A*df/dt=B+C*(1-f/N)

Where A is a proportionality factor determined by circumstances (how many ppl are checking the website, how busy they are, etc), B is the initial rate of sign-up (i.e. the 'regulars'), C is the rate factor, and N is the max number of ppl in the game.

My other hobby: expressing everything as differential equations :ph34r:

Oh, and...

...your-mom's-itchy from [redacted] last night...

My other other hobby: turning ppl's spelling errors into your mom jokes :P

Working on OP for game thread...having a little writer's block, but it'll definitely be up tomorrow :).

Edited by Yoruichi-san