BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

BMAD

I think someone has an issue with me. I have been working hard to keep the forum questions alive but someone or maybe several people have gone through and have marked down every entry i have posted. This upsets me and makes me not want to continue participating here.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It must be someone who's just plain rude...it happens now and then...some people think it's fun to rep someone down just because they can...just ignore it for now, or report to rookie1ja, the admin...:)

Anyways, people here only rarely down-rep, like for people who spam, really rude people, and people who join just to advertise...we don't encourage down-repping otherwise...:)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It wasn't me, but I do down rep for spammers, rule-breakers, and Sakura Chan.

You don't seem to be any of those three.

Who's Sakura Chan?

The only person to ever give me a reason to swear at anyone for being extremely egoistic and a big jerk-face with everyone...:angry:

• Upvote 1

It wasn't me, but I do down rep for spammers, rule-breakers, and Sakura Chan.

You don't seem to be any of those three.

Who's Sakura Chan?

The only person to ever give me a reason to swear at anyone for being extremely egoistic and a big jerk-face with everyone... :angry:

... That bad? wow.

• 2 weeks later...

Was she actually rude, or just unpleasant? She must have been bad to make the Smiley Queen use a frowny face!

She was both.

I actually tried to help her, too. Never again.

Wow, "never" is kind of harsh.

In response to the topic: Personally, I've never down-voted anyone, any topic, or any post...and if I gave a damb about popularity, I would wear makeup and learn how to 'small talk' ;P.

When was this? I have no idea who this Sakura Chan was or what all she did, but I'm guessing that she is/was a teenager when this all went down so who knows what she would be like, like, 5, 10 or 20 years down the road. *shrugs*

Having changed a lot in college myself, I'm a believer that people change (although admittedly not always for the better), and I'm a fan of second chances. Maybe it's in my DNA, but I'm not one to hold grudges. I also try to take a fair and balanced view of others rather than focus on the slights they've dealt me or the ones I care about. One of my favorite Shakespeare quotes (and one of the few I consider to actually be underused): "The evil that men do live after them, the good is oft interred with their bones."

Anyways, I just wanted to throw in my two cents in case it might help some of the teenagers around here open up their perspective ;).

Edit: Well, okay, I do still hold a grudge against Bb for hiding like a big fat coward in the mafia safehouse every Night in Mafia VI (I think it was VI) ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san

Was she actually rude, or just unpleasant? She must have been bad to make the Smiley Queen use a frowny face!

She was both.

In response to the topic: Personally, I've never down-voted anyone, any topic, or any post...and if I gave a damb about popularity, I would wear makeup and learn how to 'small talk' ;P.

When was this? I have no idea who this Sakura Chan was or what all she did, but I'm guessing that she is/was a teenager when this all went down so who knows what she would be like, like, 5, 10 or 20 years down the road. *shrugs*

Having changed a lot in college myself, I'm a believer that people change (although admittedly not always for the better), and I'm a fan of second chances. Maybe it's in my DNA, but I'm not one to hold grudges. I also try to take a fair and balanced view of others rather than focus on the slights they've dealt me or the ones I care about. One of my favorite Shakespeare quotes (and one of the few I consider to actually be underused): "The evil that men do live after them, the good is oft interred with their bones."

Anyways, I just wanted to throw in my two cents in case it might help some of the teenagers around here open up their perspective ;).

Edit: Well, okay, I do still hold a grudge against Bb for hiding like a big fat coward in the mafia safehouse every Night in Mafia VI (I think it was VI) ;P

Interestingly, when i came into the situation, everyone was arguing against her. She had been banned from MM and I was hosting a game that she signed up for. Someone PM'd me here and gave me a fair bit of warning about her. After a bit of investigation, I found people were saying some pretty harsh things about her. She seemed pretty fine to me. I tried to help her integrate into the community, but for some reason she thought I was trying to sabotage her. Eventually, the conversation was reduced to personal attacks. I eventually said some things I really wish I hadn't. I blocked her and wouldn't go down that road with her ever again. Not without very good reason, anyway.

I tried to help her and I got burned. That's my perspective. If she ever came back, I would stay neutral--no help, no harm.

• Upvote 1

Interestingly, when i came into the situation, everyone was arguing against her. She had been banned from MM and I was hosting a game that she signed up for. Someone PM'd me here and gave me a fair bit of warning about her. After a bit of investigation, I found people were saying some pretty harsh things about her. She seemed pretty fine to me. I tried to help her integrate into the community, but for some reason she thought I was trying to sabotage her. Eventually, the conversation was reduced to personal attacks. I eventually said some things I really wish I hadn't. I blocked her and wouldn't go down that road with her ever again. Not without very good reason, anyway.

I tried to help her and I got burned. That's my perspective. If she ever came back, I would stay neutral--no help, no harm.

Fair enough.

Honestly, though, from the admittedly little I've read, I feel kinda sorry for her. I had an awkward childhood, being a geek, introvert, one of those creative ppl who are hyper-sensitive (supposedly it's why so many, like, famous artists, poets, composers, and whatnot go insane), and, like, only Asian person at my school. I didn't develop very good social skills, well, any social skills at all, really, until I went to a college where the majority of the population was actually more socially awkward than me! :lol:;). Later, I met a girl who had the same issues as I did when I was younger and I felt really bad for her, I wished I had helped her more, but I think I was afraid...maybe of exposing myself to my memories of hard times :(. I dunno...I think my biggest regrets in life are when I feel like I could have helped ppl but I chose not to...:/

Anyways, I wish the best for this Sakura Chan and hope she'll eventually find her way like I did, I would like to thank you for sharing your perspective, and I hope ppl here treat and are treated with the respect and kindness they deserve :).

• Upvote 3

She was both.

2nd chances are fine. . . if the person is willing to change. I do not remember exactly what happened on MM but I remember she came to BD after that. Someone was hosting a TMM and allowed her to play. OK. Give her a second chance. She got a baddie role. I was assigned as a mentor to one of the others in the BTSC and watched how she acted. She was not very cooperative and was very upset about power playing actions. If that's how she feels, fine. She could let the others know for the next night. However, she went to the point of demanding that the night post be changed after it had been posted, which hurt the baddies and, in this case, nearly lead to a baddie loss from what I remember. She also seemed to take things that happened in the game quite personally. That alone doesn't make her bad (although maybe she shouldn't be playing Mafia in that case) but as you've heard from others, she hit a lot of people the wrong way. Come back in a few years and MAYBE if everyone's not completely ticked off with her/feeling slightly more forgiving, she can have a 3rd chance (or maybe it's 4th or 5th now. I lost track. . .)

Edited by Thalia

Lol...I think there are way too many ppl who take mafia too seriously...:lol:

Like I said, I don't know much about this person personally, but I do have experience with people who are super-sensitive and take things too personally (myself having been one of them). It's actually not an uncommon trait among very creative people, and is what is thought to have driven so many young geniuses to madness and an untimely grave (Mozart, Van Gogh, Lord Byron, some rock star I vaguely remembering my therapist mentioning...*whistling*), hypersensitivity. And I think it's more likely to cause problems in females, since females are hormonally inclined to be more sensitive already. My only female cousin on my father's side (where I think my strange mathematically poetic creativity comes from) is a schizophrenic who can barely leave the house :(.

Anyways, I don't know what people here think about mental illnesses, but I do think this kind of hypersensitivity is an illness (a gift and a curse, as Mr. Monk would say ;)), and I'm the type to feel bad for people with mental illnesses rather than be angry with them. But then again, I'm the type who truly doesn't believe in free will, so I never really am angry at anyone for longer than the spur of the moment *shrugs*.

Lol...I think there are way too many ppl who take mafia too seriously...:lol:
. . . You have a point there. . . :lol: What was I thinking? :duh:
I used to be overly sensitive too. Maybe still am to a degree. However, how we handle that is another matter. If she truly is ill, then I'm sorry for her. If she wants to come back and try again, I guess I'd be willing to give her one more chance. However, there's going to have to be some sort of change if she wants it to end differently than the last few times and if she can't handle that, maybe Mafia isn't the game for her. Doesn't mean she can't do anything on the rest of the forum though. As to flamebirde's question of whether or not she was banned, I don't believe she was. This seems to be more of a problem within the Mafia community. Considering that, even though she did drive a lot of us up walls, I don't think it's necessary to ban her. If she wants to do other stuff in the forums, that's fine with me.

You're very mature for your age to recognize that :). I don't think I could of that mature at your age...

Since I'm already oversharing:

I think I dealt with my hypersensitivity primarily by developing ADD...now everything just rolls off ^_^ (although I wouldn't recommend it, lol ;P)