Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The investment Game

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#81 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1702 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

When regarding stocks, and not cash, is wealth based on the purchase price or sale price of the stock?

Stocks are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So in this case, wealth will be determined by your dollar amount remaining and the price the market will pay for your remaining stocks

To be clear though, market purchase price will be run 1 additonal time based on our last day of sales. So final wealth will not be determined based on THESE (day 10) numbers.

#82 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sell 1000x HORID 

#83 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sell 290 HORID

Sell 150 PUNTY

I'll take second place :D

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#84 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:23 PM

I'll settle for third.

I probably could've given Panther a closer game, except the fact that 1) I made some bad decisions early on, and 2) Then I misread the graph.

EDIT: At least I made a profit!

Edited by flamebirde, 02 June 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#85 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1702 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Final scoresstock final.png

#86 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Lets go again! I feel theres potential beyond just buying and selling normally...in the early days, I thought of floating derivatives and such... If the moderator offers to enforces agreements between parties (to allow shorting and such), this could turn deviously entertaining!

#87 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Lets go again! I feel theres potential beyond just buying and selling normally...in the early days, I thought of floating derivatives and such... If the moderator offers to enforces agreements between parties (to allow shorting and such), this could turn deviously entertaining!

I would be down for round 2.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#88 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1702 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

#89 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Floating derivatives? Sign me up...

2. Panther

(Err... what's a floating derivative? ;))

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#90 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Well, considering how hard I failed in the first round, I'm not going to try again. Probably shouldn't go for a career in stocks.

2. Panther

3. Flamebirde

Who am I kidding? ;)

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users