Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

High School Mafia Game Thread

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

Congrats to all!  I did a great job saving myself as a known goodie. If possible I would help us win. Well good game and better luck next time. l8rs. ;)

Attached Images

• leprechaun.gif

Edited by akaslickster, 23 April 2013 - 11:11 PM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#182 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

One thing about kills that are blocking, the block portion only happens if the kill portion happens. So a nk on a player who saves self should fail, with the save and failed kill both in the np. If Slick had been nk and blocked by a separate block, then he would not have had the save. But a player who is saved from a nk is not blocked anyway by the nk, the save prevents the kill and also the blocking aspect of that kill.

Also, since kills were blocking then save should have been in the oop since there could be a loop.

Good job hosting though.

#183 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

I didn't even think about having the save act against everything involving the NK :duh:

I think the save was out of the OOP because the NK was blocking.

Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#184 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

if a kill is not blocking, neither the save nor the kill need be in the oop. But if a kill is blocking, they should both be in the oop.

Anyways, you handled the game like a pro, good job.

#185 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

And do you have a list of all the actions in the game? Can you post them if you do?

#186 nana77

nana77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

One additional note. A host is free to decided that a save role may not save self, preferably by mentioning it in the Role Description for the save role. I have seen that done before.

#187 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

And do you have a list of all the actions in the game? Can you post them if you do?

Yes.

Spoiler for N1

Spoiler for N2

Spoiler for N3

Spoiler for N4

Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#188 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1366 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

It was just Lahiem's bad luck for voting for a goodie. Otherwise, we would have lost. All the players did well. :thumbsup:

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#189 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

hi,

so I agree with nana on the save, but frankly I don't know how Aura could have missed that since she's an old time player :-s

also - one question to cube and nana : why did you not sway the vote in your favor D2, and let cube be lynched ? with cube;s manip power I think you had the votes to save him .. or at least to go into a tie... instead flame voted for him and nana decided to go neutral ...

Brainy.. nice hosting, even if with some mistakes... but mistake is human nature and we could not have asked for a better host :thumbsup:

on your notes: if you would have kept the NK carrier  and switch from player to player as/if they died then it would have leveled the plainfield even with the NK being blocking ;)

On a personal quest to better understand the rules of the game (and someday hosting myself)  - maybe araver or slick or anyone with hosting experience could answer this one:

N1 actions :

Chorus NKs Slick - carrier for story purposes only. NK SAVED! (Actually no, cos kills are blocking.)
1. Flamebirde - Chorus blocks Jay

4. vcvcvc12 (mentored by Araver) - Mock Trial follows flamebirde

8. marksmanjay - Prom Committee traps no-one

10. Yodell - Quiz Bowl blocks flame

In this situation and with the following rules:

OOP (Order of Precedence): Kill>redirect>trap>block

Faction OOP: Baddie>Goodie

Explanation of OOP - This only comes into play in a loop of actions.  Otherwise all actions go through.  A loop will be broken by the highest action in the OOP going first. 

Why in this case was flame blocked by me and not him blocking jay ? (the fact that jay had no action has nothing to do with it) Why did my action get priority  over his ?

Either both blocks should have gone through  - cause it was not a loop ?  Otherwise .. how do you choose from  two actions that have the same priority ... 

A blocks B

B blocks C

C performs an action

and in any case .. why did vc's follow spy did not get the role of Flame's  target .. in this case jay's trap ?

Thanks again to all for an entertaining game , even if I died N2 ;) it was fun to haunt as well ;)

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#190 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

@ Yodell: I only hosted a couple times in the many years and can tell you there should be <> signs for which action takes precedence and if it is a tie, i.e. 2 blocks blocking each other, it may be a coin toss to decide which goes thru. Some of these issues I still don't understand.  These acronyms are beyond me as well so I prefer to play rather than host. ;)

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users