Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Blackjack, numerically

Best Answer hhh3, 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

6/(1-(5/7))
:offtopic: does any1 else face problem with spoiler button.. than OK and CANCEL button is not working for me... i click on it and nothig happens... :help:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5730 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Use each of these numbers once, 1 5 6 7 along with + - x / ( and ), to make 21

The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#2 hhh3

hhh3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:51 AM   Best Answer

6/(1-(5/7))
:offtopic: does any1 else face problem with spoiler button.. than OK and CANCEL button is not working for me... i click on it and nothig happens... :help:

alWaYs gaMe!!!

#3 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5730 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, that's it.
Nice.

The site is a little hokey lately.
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#4 CaptainEd

CaptainEd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

You mean, when you're trying to use the editor to create a spoiler, you are unable to do so successfully? Me, too. In both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (worse in Chrome). So what you have to do is type the explicit syntax for a spoiler. It involves a few square brackets (open and close), an equal sign, a slash, and the word "spoiler", twice.

open-square-bracket the-word-spoiler equals-sign your-spoiler-title close-square-bracket all-the contents-of-the-spoiler-could be many lines open-square-bracket slash the-word-spoiler close-square-bracket.

Good answer on the puzzle! I could see, among a few possibilities, that 21 is half of 42, but I had no idea how to divide by 2.

#5 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

I didn't know there was a button. I just noticed the syntax from when I clicked reply to a post when I first became a member here

#6 hhh3

hhh3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

oh..

Spoiler for thanks for the info captainED..

Edited by hhh3, 27 February 2013 - 01:35 PM.

alWaYs gaMe!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users