Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 brhan

brhan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

Well, if every person forms their own random ranking of all members of the opposite gender every time they are available for marriage, then it seems unlikely that any Lyrian would go his/her entire life without marital bliss, because in those 17 billion years of life there are a tremendous number of special years. However, I would still suspect it's possible, and the likelihood would probably correlate to the size of the population.

I'll write the test program in a few days. It's basically a fun little lesson in object-oriented programming.

Do you have a suggested birth rate? How about having one baby born after each 100 years of marriage? And just to avoid shocking anyone, how about saying that they can't get married until after their 18th birthday? :P

ya, that would make it interesting. I will also do some simulation in this regard. I don't have any idea about the birth rate, but my assumption is with those billions of years to live, they may not give birth in 9 months ;) . You may assume some value which you think is fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users